Resident Evil 5
Jul 29, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I pretty much just started playing number 4 on the wii. At first I wasn't too into it, but quickly got pulled in. It's amazing, and probably (one of) the best single player game(s) I know of.

Yep, same here. Didn't realize how much of a complete game it was (didn't particularly like the isometric/controls of RE 1-3) and ended up being one of my favourite single-player games ever.

Jul 30, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #17 of 26
i got half-way into the game, and lost the memory card for RE4 on GC, and I just don't have the patience nor the attention span to start over.

it was a great game though. i never truly felt scared, and now i'm seeing i'm not the only one.

i wonder how RE5 will compare to the umbrella chronicles?

if RE5 is really that good, i may look at a ps3/360 instead of a wii.

Jul 30, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got half-way into the game, and lost the memory card for RE4 on GC, and I just don't have the patience nor the attention span to start over.

it was a great game though. i never truly felt scared, and now i'm seeing i'm not the only one.

i wonder how RE5 will compare to the umbrella chronicles?

if RE5 is really that good, i may look at a ps3/360 instead of a wii.

Umbrella Chronicles is a completely different game. It's more like Time Crisis, where you are on a designated track, and progress every so often. I don't know how fairly they could be compared.

Jul 30, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Umbrella Chronicles is a completely different game. It's more like Time Crisis, where you are on a designated track, and progress every so often. I don't know how fairly they could be compared.

oh. my bad. if it's like time crisis.....that's disappointing.

Jul 30, 2007 at 8:17 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't be surprised if there'll be one eventually, since games like DMC 4 and GoW are also coming to PC.

Yes, if you don't mind waiting for a year or two after everyone has been playing them on consoles.

Quote:

You should try RE4, it's mostly third-person run and gun, very little survival-horror. Plot is horrid though.

More like third person run, stop, plant foot, stand still, and gun.

RE5 better have some level of being able to move and shoot, Strafing at the least, perhaps accuracy penalty when moving, but if it's the standard human turret affair, I might skip out on RE5, depends on what other games are out at the time.

Quote:

I could never finish the original, even the GC remake. It's crappy on a technical level. Code Veronica IMO was the pinnacle of series (in regards to overall cohesion).

Yup, Code Veronica is still my favorite RE hands down as well.

-Ed

Jul 30, 2007 at 8:52 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

i never truly felt scared, and now i'm seeing i'm not the only one.

That's what Silent Hill is for.

(Waiting for SH5 here, although I am extremely worried about it being handed over to a western developer. What were they thinking? There's no way it will have the same atmosphere as the previous games. Only the Japanese developers are truly capable of that. The psychological horror of the game will be completely lost and ruined. As one commenter said: Quote:

Western developers are notorious for having a serious lack of depth and subtlety in game design. The SH team at Konami Japan did amazing work weaving haunting and complex stories and environments together for these games while keeping things very subtle and psychological. I'm afraid this game will be full of cheap scares, excessive gore, military weapons, an overly simple and in-your-face plotline, large breasted bimbos as female leads, nuclear explosions, snowboarding minigames, jetpacks, a gimmicky wisecracking sidekick dog...it hurts to even think about it...)

...I tend to agree.)

Jul 30, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, if you don't mind waiting for a year or two after everyone has been playing them on consoles.

Actually, from what I can tell so far DMC is coming out for PC around the same time as consoles.

Quote:

More like third person run, stop, plant foot, stand still, and gun.

True I guess, though I recall running around and blasting with the shotgun much of the second half.

Aug 1, 2007 at 8:29 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

True I guess, though I recall running around and blasting with the shotgun much of the second half.

There better be an option to strafe a bit at the very least.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back