Research Triangle (Raleigh, Durham & Chapel Hill), NC Fall Schiit Meetup

Will you attend a NC Triangle Schiitmeet (hopefully with @Jason)

• Total voters
Sep 8, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #91 of 106
Hi folks,

All is in place for tomorrow, Saturday 9th at 120 Mosaic Blvd #120, Pittsboro, NC 27312.
Parking is available behind the building if space is tight at the front.

We are in the second floor conference room. There will be signs :) Take the lift or stairs up one floor and we are off the main foyer.

The main door will be locked and you will need to call / text me on 415 999 3106 to gain access.

We will open up at 10:30 and run through 4pm.

A sandwich lunch is being sponsored by Schiit based on our SWAG attendance of 25 or so. There is good food (pizza and Root Cellar Cafe amongst others) and good beer (House of Hops) within easy walking distance.

Please sign in in the room and take a name badge upon which you should write your name and Head-Fi handle so that we can identify you :) You should also see me to get one ticket per person (see later......)

We have a long list of gear (about 8 listening stations), including Mjolnir 3, Urd, Kara, Yggy, Ragnarok, Syn, Vali2+++++++++++++++++, Bifrost and Lyr. There will also be a few items available to audition if we have room and interest thanks to @adydula and others.

I'd suggest bringing your headphones and arranging to audition other folks' HP as you can negotiate. We have three pairs ONLY with the Schiit kit, so do bring your own. I'll bring a a couple of sets, as will Alex. We have Apple and USB A/B/C connectors for the gear but no USB mini or micro. If you need that (or any other "odd" connector) please bring it if you wish to connect your music bearing/playing gizmo.

We have door prizes that have been generously donated by @Paladin79 (Tom) including his famous cable sets (one RCA, one XLR, both with BRAID!!!) and a gorgeous hardwood HP stand plus a hardwood wine bottle rack.
Also on offer is a custom gear rack (Modi or similar size) as agreed by Tom and the winner. There will also be a fabulous Schiit door prize that will make you sit up and take notice :).
You have to be there when the draw is made to claim your prize. @Jason Stoddard will do the honors.

We will have one or two 30 minute 2 Chan sessions (if there is demand / interest), one at 12:00 midday and one at 2:00. At 3:00pm we will have an open Q&A / discussion with Jason, followed by the door prize drawing.

Cheers

Graham

Sep 8, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #92 of 106
Hi folks,

All is in place for tomorrow, Saturday 9th at 120 Mosaic Blvd #120, Pittsboro, NC 27312.
Parking is available behind the building if space is tight at the front.

We are in the second floor conference room. There will be signs :) Take the lift or stairs up one floor and we are off the main foyer.

The main door will be locked and you will need to call / text me on 415 999 3106 to gain access.

We will open up at 10:30 and run through 4pm.

A sandwich lunch is being sponsored by Schiit based on our SWAG attendance of 25 or so. There is good food (pizza and Root Cellar Cafe amongst others) and good beer (House of Hops) within easy walking distance.

Please sign in in the room and take a name badge upon which you should write your name and Head-Fi handle so that we can identify you :) You should also see me to get one ticket per person (see later......)

We have a long list of gear (about 8 listening stations), including Mjolnir 3, Urd, Kara, Yggy, Ragnarok, Syn, Vali2+++++++++++++++++, Bifrost and Lyr. There will also be a few items available to audition if we have room and interest thanks to @adydula and others.

I'd suggest bringing your headphones and arranging to audition other folks' HP as you can negotiate. We have three pairs ONLY with the Schiit kit, so do bring your own. I'll bring a a couple of sets, as will Alex. We have Apple and USB A/B/C connectors for the gear but no USB mini or micro. If you need that (or any other "odd" connector) please bring it if you wish to connect your music bearing/playing gizmo.

We have door prizes that have been generously donated by @Paladin79 (Tom) including his famous cable sets (one RCA, one XLR, both with BRAID!!!) and a gorgeous hardwood HP stand plus a hardwood wine bottle rack.
Also on offer is a custom gear rack (Modi or similar size) as agreed by Tom and the winner. There will also be a fabulous Schiit door prize that will make you sit up and take notice :).
You have to be there when the draw is made to claim your prize. @Jason Stoddard will do the honors.

We will have one or two 30 minute 2 Chan sessions (if there is demand / interest), one at 12:00 midday and one at 2:00. At 3:00pm we will have an open Q&A / discussion with Jason, followed by the door prize drawing.

Cheers

Graham
One slight clarification, I can make the Schiit gear racks in any of the three sizes that Schiit uses. That way if folks have larger gear or medium size I can build to match your needs. I could not build this before hand because of the three sizes. As Graham said, if you do not have a need, I will work with you and donate another hardwood construction. :ksc75smile:
Tom

Sep 8, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #93 of 106
Changed my vote from maybe to yes. I likely won’t be able to stay the full time, unfortunately, but will enjoy the time I can!

Will be bringing my LCD-X (2021) and my Lyr 3 (so I can audition the Bifrost 2/64 and know the distinct changes). Almost don’t want to hear Lyr+ for fear of liking it too much!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Sep 8, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #94 of 106
I’m getting ready for tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_8913.jpeg
    IMG_8913.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Sep 9, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #98 of 106
Thank you @golfbravobravo and @Jason Stoddard for the Schiit Meet in North Carolina! That was a fun Saturday! Thank you @adydula for the PassLabs HPA-1 and the DIY Class A amp, those amps were truly special! Thank you @Paladin79 for the nice swag of beautifully made woodwork and cables. Thank you @Menkau-ra for bringing the Atrium Closed and HE6se, those were fun headphones to try! And finally, thanks everyone that attended! Its always fun with more people! Special side thanks to the people (or vendor) who brought in the cookies, those were awesome too!

Sep 9, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #99 of 106
Thank you @golfbravobravo and @Jason Stoddard for the Schiit Meet in North Carolina! That was a fun Saturday! Thank you @adydula for the PassLabs HPA-1 and the DIY Class A amp, those amps were truly special! Thank you @Paladin79 for the nice swag of beautifully made woodwork and cables. Thank you @Menkau-ra for bringing the Atrium Closed and HE6se, those were fun headphones to try! And finally, thanks everyone that attended! Its always fun with more people! Special side thanks to the people (or vendor) who brought in the cookies, those were awesome too!
Thanks for L3000 and Mysphere!

Sep 11, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #100 of 106
Would like to echo the thanks and appreciation to @golfbravobravo and @Jason Stoddard for the Head-Fi Schiitmeet this weekend! This was, admittedly, my first headphone meet, and it most certainly did not let me down! While I was able to confirm my decision to save up for the purchase of a Bifrost 2/64 after getting to listen to it, I felt very fortunate to hear not only some great gear but some awesome headphones that I just hadn't had experience with in the past - so this was really a treat :).

When I get the chance, will post some pictures and some thoughts on various impressions during the meet, but at least wanted to say thanks to everyone who brought some fantastic gear in addition to all the Schiit!

Sep 11, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #101 of 106
Would like to echo the thanks and appreciation to @golfbravobravo and @Jason Stoddard for the Head-Fi Schiitmeet this weekend! This was, admittedly, my first headphone meet, and it most certainly did not let me down! While I was able to confirm my decision to save up for the purchase of a Bifrost 2/64 after getting to listen to it, I felt very fortunate to hear not only some great gear but some awesome headphones that I just hadn't had experience with in the past - so this was really a treat :).

When I get the chance, will post some pictures and some thoughts on various impressions during the meet, but at least wanted to say thanks to everyone who brought some fantastic gear in addition to all the Schiit!
Did you compare the Bifrost to the Yggy? And your impression in the difference besides price

Thanks

Sep 11, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #102 of 106
Did you compare the Bifrost to the Yggy? And your impression in the difference besides price

Thanks
Definitely did not - the Bifrost was hooked up to the Lyr + and the Yggy was hooked up to the Urd + Mjolnir 3 on another table. I wasn't going to try moving any of Jason's gear around :)

Sep 11, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #103 of 106
The tin of baked cookies was courtesy of Ms Jody. Who also laughed and provided her car to transport all the boxes of Schiit......

Sep 11, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #104 of 106
Thanks for all the compliments folks, they are appreciated.

So, there has been some comment about doing another one next year. I'm interested in what you think worked, and in some ways more importantly, what can be improved.

In particular, location and venue. To me (still used to CA traffic and distances) 40 minutes from RDU is a non-issue, but some comments have posited that meeting by the airport or in Raleigh itself are key to more attendance. I'd like your views please.

Cheers

Sep 14, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #105 of 106
I am so glad I saw this meeting on facebook. I've reset my password to the head-fi.org and still trying to get my head around all of it.

I am so glad I went on Saturday to meet the infamous Jason from Schiit Audio.

And all you guys!

Last night someone asked me if I could interview anyone in the world (living) who would it be?
At first I did think of Bono but then I recalled I had a real life experience interviewing Jason. Cool Beans!

I have 19 pictures I would like to post here from Saturday.
Schiit Day 09/09/2023 Triangle NC

Thanks - doug

When's our next get together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back