Research Triangle (Raleigh, Durham & Chapel Hill), NC Fall Schiit Meetup

Will you attend a NC Triangle Schiitmeet (hopefully with @Jason)

• Total voters
Sep 5, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #78 of 106
You guys need to realize this meet is only scheduled for 4.5 hours. They used to be longer, like 10-5. And when you have a bunch of people in one room, there will be lots of talking making it difficult to have a good audition. You definitely don't want people talking and having speakers playing at the same time. This is supposed to be a headphone meet so I would forget having speakers there. Just my experiences from past meets.

Sep 6, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #79 of 106
You guys need to realize this meet is only scheduled for 4.5 hours. They used to be longer, like 10-5. And when you have a bunch of people in one room, there will be lots of talking making it difficult to have a good audition. You definitely don't want people talking and having speakers playing at the same time. This is supposed to be a headphone meet so I would forget having speakers there. Just my experiences from past meets.
So while I agree with this in principle, there is definitely opportunity to have a 2-channel setup running during setup and early on as people begin to arrive.

There was a similar meet in Western NC earlier this year with some 2-channel amp / speaker comparisons going on during the very early portion of the meet:
  • Folks gathered around where the sound was coming from
  • We took turns sharing our playlists and introducing each other to "new" music
  • Hands were shook and conversations were had
After about 45 minutes the 2-channel system was powered down and it was pretty much a normal headphone meet after that, well ... except for all the Schiit-talk going on :)

Sep 6, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #80 of 106
So while I agree with this in principle, there is definitely opportunity to have a 2-channel setup running during setup and early on as people begin to arrive.

There was a similar meet in Western NC earlier this year with some 2-channel amp / speaker comparisons going on during the very early portion of the meet:
  • Folks gathered around where the sound was coming from
  • We took turns sharing our playlists and introducing each other to "new" music
  • Hands were shook and conversations were had
After about 45 minutes the 2-channel system was powered down and it was pretty much a normal headphone meet after that, well ... except for all the Schiit-talk going on :)
Mike captured it perfectly.

I'll put an outline schedule together that will include a modest amount of dedicated 2 channel for those who want it.

We'll also schedule a Q&A with Jason having the floor for 30-40 minutes is my guess.

Cheers

Sep 6, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #81 of 106
My guess is that (some) folks may show up early. All being well we will have no problems with setup and be ready by 10:30.

It was - and is - a Schiit event rather than dedicated headphones, though the vast majority of gear will emphasize HP.

Cheers

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #83 of 106
I will bring my Tiny Radials and the Rekkr just in case someone wants to listen to some 2 ch.

So I guess my official list that I am bringing is the ATH-L3000, Mysphere 3.2, HD250 Linear 1, and Tiny Radials with the Schiit Rekkr (just in case we need a tiny 2ch speaker at the meet).

Look forward to seeing everyone this Saturday! Of course, looking forward in trying the MJ3 this Saturday 👀

Sep 6, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #84 of 106
I will have a Piety for sure.
I agree on the 2 ch stuff.
More time with headphone for sure.
If we had a seperate room this would be fine
But we are in one room...so i guess Graham will handle this on the fly..
My guess is we will have alot of stuff and too little time.
But we will manage!
See ya on Sat.
Alex

Sep 6, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #85 of 106
OK, our date is fixed and our venue is booked!

We will meet on September 9th, 11:00am to 3:30PM at:

79°West Innovation Hub​

120 Mosaic Blvd #120, Pittsboro, NC 27312.

My phone is 415 999 3106
I think should make it.
Do I need to bring anything? I have a Folkvangr with very rare 7062's PW tubes. Mumby1 and Vali2++ with 7062.

Sep 7, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #88 of 106
So do I need to bring over anything with me? What about headphones?

Sep 7, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #90 of 106
I know your room won’t be the same setup but the Central Ohio SchiitMeet had a two channel setup that worked great. Speakers were faced toward a back corner, away from the headphone listening area. Check out the pics here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/central-ohio-schiitmeet-impression-thread-26-august-2023.969493/

The Rag can power bookshelf speakers as an integrated amp and then switch to headphone listening when done.

I went to school in Durham; wish I was closer and could hang!… Go Duke! :)

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back