Requesting your input on M3U playlist support for X3, X5
May 11, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #16 of 84
Originally Posted by Nicolas2305 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The usual "Now playing" features are:
  1. See list of songs
  2. Add song next to the currently playing song
  3. Add song at the end of the list

+1. It would be great to have also the "remove item" option.

May 11, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #18 of 84
Agree with others that syncing playlists to the device and creating "on the go" playlists would both be great.

I had problems with the AK100 because it had very specific path name requirements in the playlist which required manual renaming of each individual file path in the m3u file. Please ensure X5 can use absolute path options where the exact name if the card doesn't matter.

I'll come back later and share an example of what I mean exactly.

May 12, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #20 of 84
IMHO, the best playlist support has a rockbox (internal dynamic playlist and external files).
The most important is to add tracks or folders to internal dynamic playlist and then move and remove them.

May 12, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #21 of 84
Quote:
Agree with others that syncing playlists to the device and creating "on the go" playlists would both be great.

I had problems with the AK100 because it had very specific path name requirements in the playlist which required manual renaming of each individual file path in the m3u file. Please ensure X5 can use absolute path options where the exact name if the card doesn't matter.

I'll come back later and share an example of what I mean exactly.

To continue my point from earlier, here's an example of 2 paths generated by MediaMonkey (depending on settings used):

..\Music\Randy Crawford\Ultimate Collection\- 14 - Cajun Moon.flac (generated using "absolute paths" playlist setting)

or

\Music\Randy Crawford\Ultimate Collection\- 14 - Cajun Moon.flac (generated using standard playlist setting)

In the case of the AK100, the path had to be something like: /mnt/SD1/Music/Randy Crawford/Ultimate Collection/- 14 - Cajun Moon.flac

Notice the first 2 steps in the path required to identify which TF slot was used and also the use of the forward slash instead of the backslash. @Joe Bloggs, please ensure that this type of formatting is not required on the X5. It really must work with either of the first 2 path examples or there will be lots of trouble with syncing playlists from computers. Thanks so much for seeking the community input on this - you guys are doing an awesome job!!!

May 12, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #22 of 84
hi, guys, please give me an example of a real device so we can make one reasonable first and them perfect in the future. 

at first, I think you guys already have a answer to us.  

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 12, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #24 of 84
This might be a little cliched, but i love the way my iphone handles playlists. Mainly for the following points

1. Ability to create playlists on the go from scratch
2. Ability to add full albums/artist
Perhaps this can translate to
album/artist/genre/folder or such
3. Able to edit playlists anytime
4. Able to create playlists on the computer.

In my opinion these are the basic requirements of the playlist function, and as long as these four are fulfilled, I would be extremely pleased :)

May 12, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #25 of 84
Ipod Classic's abilities to handle playlist was fine enough for me. 
Basic handling of imported playlists and on-the-go playlist (I don't really mind being able to rename those directly, it can easily be done from my computer afterward)
Being able to order playlists by folders is a plus.

Smart playlists are also important to me, but they loose a bit of interest if X5 is not able to edit the number of play of a track. Smart playlists are easily converted to standard playlist on a computer.

But for a start, basic playlists imported from computer to my X5 would be perfect as far as I am concerned

ZenOli

May 12, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #26 of 84
  hi, guys, please give me an example of a real device so we can make one reasonable first and them perfect in the future. 

at first, I think you guys already have a answer to us.  

Hi James, the Microsoft Zune I had seemed to have the most ideal playlist options

May 12, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #27 of 84
  Sansa Clip+ with Rockbox (http://www.rockbox.org).

Or any other "RockBox-able" unit:
Rockbox runs well on these players, has a complete manual and is supported by the installer:
  1. Apple: iPod 1g through 5.5g, iPod Mini, iPod Nano 1g
  2. Archos: Jukebox 5000, 6000, Studio, Recorder, FM Recorder, Recorder V2 and Ondio
  3. Cowon: iAudio X5, X5V, X5L, M5, M5L, M3 and M3L
  4. iriver: iHP100 series, H100 series, H300 series and H10 series
  5. MPIO: HD300
  6. Olympus: M:Robe 100
  7. Packard Bell: Vibe 500
  8. SanDisk: Sansa c200, e200 and e200R series, Fuze, Clip, Clip+ and Clip Zip
  9. Toshiba: Gigabeat X and F series

May 12, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #28 of 84
Or any other "RockBox-able" unit:

If FiiO allowed Rockbox to be installed on the X5, then it will make it a very superior player. Maybe FiiO could talk to the Rockbox people as they have a large team of developers.

I have been using Rockbox on my Clip Zip for some time and it's just about perfect.

May 13, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #29 of 84
If FiiO allowed Rockbox to be installed on the X5, then it will make it a very superior player. Maybe FiiO could talk to the Rockbox people as they have a large team of developers.

I have been using Rockbox on my Clip Zip for some time and it's just about perfect.

Rockbox has some problems with hi-res lossless files.

May 13, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #30 of 84
Rockbox has some problems with hi-res lossless files.

Point taken, this I did not know as my Zip does not have any hi-res files.

Thanks for the education my friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back