Requesting HGPL File for headphone - help please!
Mar 28, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post #46 of 54
Are you saying that even a panel with square edges won't be anodized on the sides? They buy black anodized material and then just cut it?

I'm using the German people, not FPE. I'll have to speak to them tomorrow to clarify, silver edges would be unacceptable.

Mar 28, 2005 at 10:38 PM Post #47 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magsy
I've been making some symbols, I have a great bass clef and now I need to find a 'speaker' type symbol - I might just put them on there instead.

I've updated my http://home.t-online.de/home/stonerain/hpgl.zip now it contains a speaker symbol, scales and some other stuff, check it out. Do you want to share your creations, too ?

Mar 28, 2005 at 10:43 PM Post #48 of 54
Quote:

Are you saying that even a panel with square edges won't be anodized on the sides? They buy black anodized material and then just cut it?

That's exactly what they do, you can read it in the FAQs. Cutting, anodizing, engraving, laying out the engravings with color are too many production steps and would boost the cost considerably.

Mar 28, 2005 at 10:45 PM Post #49 of 54
Quote:

I'm using the German people, not FPE. I'll have to speak to them tomorrow to clarify, silver edges would be unacceptable.

I agree, Would be kinda silly if the anodizing wasn't even on the sides of the front panel! If this is the case I might have to fork out for black filling in a natural front panel.

I personally like the fact that holes/engravings/cavities and raw, means you can have an aluminium anodize panel with engravings without fillings, thus saving 5 euroes off the price for the fill! Also silver on black looks sexeh.

Nice update steinchen
600smile.gif

Mar 28, 2005 at 10:50 PM Post #50 of 54
Hmm the webpage seems to say the same, its all cut with 'blank' edges.

This gives me a dilema, I really don't want silver! Maybe I can paint the edges, I can spray ok but it won't match 100% :/

Mar 28, 2005 at 10:51 PM Post #51 of 54
Quote:

The German people are the same FPE, they use the same program and procedures, just in Germany, yes that is what they do, any of my front panels was anodized in the borders and even worst, not even nice finished, when I asked they told me that the machines made those marks and that there is no way of get rid of them in the process, you may need to stone them or file them with care to make them look nice. IMO is even better to use them inside the case, while the side and top panels cover it, instead of flush mounted.

Mar 28, 2005 at 10:54 PM Post #52 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by individual6891
I agree, Would be kinda silly if the anodizing wasn't even on the sides of the front panel! If this is the case I might have to fork out for black filling in a natural front panel.

I personally like the fact that holes/engravings/cavities and raw, means you can have an aluminium anodize panel with engravings without fillings, thus saving 5 euroes off the price for the fill! Also silver on black looks sexeh.

Nice update steinchen
600smile.gif

What are you talking about man?
eggosmile.gif

Black filling?

I'll get my own material cut and anodized, then they can drill and engrave that. Its costing a bloody packet anyway, if it ends up costing more I don't care - I want it right

Mar 28, 2005 at 10:59 PM Post #53 of 54
Want to keep these but its not in the spirit is it, so here you go
eggosmile.gif

Apr 24, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #54 of 54
sorry for necromancing this thread, but might there be any chance that the files above are still available from anybody? Or any other .plt / HPGL-files with audio related symbols? I´m looking for a sine and square wave symbol (or analogue / digital // cinch / usb), input symbol (the arrow pointing in a circle) and maybe a stylized headphone for my front panel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back