Requesting Help from ATH-A900X Owners.
Jun 17, 2013 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Eyelander

New Head-Fier
Hey all, First time posting here, but I've spent a bit of time lurking and reading the basic guide for buying headphones. After some research and some deal searching, I decided on a pair of ATH-A900X's, which have been really great so far, however I've noticed that on deep piano songs, for example something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjOUf6KVyJY

During the lower parts of the song, where the piano is the loudest, I get slight noises, almost like a slight crackling or crunching sound, when I lower the volume from 100% to say 85 or 90% the problem seems to go away, or is inaudible.  Anyone else have similar experience like this?  (I know youtube audio is compressed, but the compression actually masks a lot of the crackling, it's worse on my .flac and .mp3 songs (558 kbps, and 320kpbs respectively.)  I currently have it directly connected into my motherboard, no sound card so I'm thinking this might be the issue, but as my Razer Megalodons don't have the same issue even at max volume I'm curious to see if it's the headphones themselves being too stressed by the volume of the audio, however the counterpoint to that would be that any other non piano songs are just fine full blast.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Edit:
Well I'm officially dumb, unplugged it, replugged it in, set it to Headphone in Realtek HD audio manager, apparently it was treating it like a speaker set up.
I apologize for wasting your forum space.

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #2 of 2
Glad you solved your problem. Enjoy your A900X!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back