Request for Active Noise Cancelling phone comparisons
Nov 4, 2008 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

aamefford

I have a custom title!
I left my super.fi 5's home this trip, and it got me to thinking about active noise canceling. I'm looking at the Sennheiser PXC 350's, PXC 450's and the Audio Technica ANC7's so far. I would love to hear any comparisons based on personal experience with 2 or all of these phones. I would also like to hear any other personal favorites.

As to my tastes:
Hardware:
I sold my Grado 125's for being too bright and fatiguing, and I love my HD 580's with the "standard" 600 grill / 650 cable. Traveling I use my iPhone, at home I use my macbook pro and an apogee duet. Almost all music is in Apple lossless format (I swear I'm not a fanboy... well, maybe) I also really like my super.fi 5's; I just get tired of having something stuck in my ear after a while.

Musically:
Classical to the Clash, and all points in between, but lately any fine female vocals I can find, and a lot of acoustic instrumentals. Also a lot of Prog rock (I came of age in the late 70's / early 80's: Rush, Yes, Triumph...), blues, bluegrass, American folk.

I welcome your comments, reviews, comparisons. I am not as interested in comparisons to IEM's. It is a comfort thing. Sometimes I love 'em, sometimes I feel like I've got cigarette butts stuck in my ears... I am looking at ANC phones as a compliment to IEM's, not as an either / or proposition.

Thank you all again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back