Reply to some bugs of X3’s new firmware and new function suggestions from our end-users!
Dec 31, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #106 of 190
After reading all above_____this is the most recent news,

My X3__will no longer play anything !

FW 2.1_____SanDisk 32GB___Class 10 Ultra___

The first 3 weeks it played mp3s, m4as, FlAC__now with ALL the same pops-up on the screen,

[COLOR=B22222]`File Not Supported'[/COLOR]

I have a Mac___so no manner to enter the `root directory' 
  have reform mated the card in the Mac & in the X3___

Put music in the X3 using the cable__and by putting the card in with adapter
   transferring music__NONE works.

Reinstalled the Firmware__ no luck___tried a different card no help
    in a word__ the X3 not longer plays at all.

"Dead in the water" so to speak_____

Really would appreciate help,

Thank you for reading this! 

What format was the card formatted to? Is it FAT32?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 3, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #108 of 190
I just got my Fiio X3 for few days and last night after copy some song it starting acting strange
When i played the song it was at full volume and i was unable to tune it down even the volume show 0
i have to do a reset to solved the problem. 

Hope this does not happen often.
redface.gif

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #109 of 190
Do you plug your headphones into headphones out? It seems your headphones are not plugged into correct output.

Jan 4, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #111 of 190
Hello,

Not sure where should I post my question so I would post it here. I have loaded some FLAC music onto my SD card, and the player plays them just fine in browse (folder) mode, but it can't find my music by category (Playback failed, File not found). How can I fix the problem? (System restore and update library didn't solve the issue). Thanks!

Jan 5, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #112 of 190
today my player hang 3 time and i have to force shut it down. it happen when i start to realize my song in the album stop after every track and i have to manually click play to play that song. and when i choose another album it hang. i try to switch off gapless playback and it seem to be fine but not to sure since i just switch off for a while might need to use it for a while to know if it the cause.

Jan 9, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #114 of 190
I have just ordered my x3
biggrin.gif
. I have audio technica ath 50 and e11. Once the x3 does come do I need an e11 or may I offload it?
Cheers
Somnath

I will not suggest you use E11 has the same amp section and output power as X3, you can try E12 if you need bigger power or more transparent sound 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 9, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #115 of 190
I have just ordered my x3
biggrin.gif
. I have audio technica ath 50 and e11. Once the x3 does come do I need an e11 or may I offload it?
Cheers
Somnath

I will not suggest you use E11 has the same amp section and output power as X3, you can try E12 if you need bigger power or more transparent sound 

Thanks for the reply.... Really useful

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #116 of 190
Hi,

I've updated firmware and drivers of my x3 to use it as a dac.
It works perfectly.

Just a question about the battery: it charging all the time when i'm using the dac function. Is it a normal behaviour ? This can kill my battery ? On a next firmware may be can you add a function to stop charging battery when dac is enable ?
Thanks

Sorry for my english

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #117 of 190
1. First and foremost, I'd like to see overall stability increased. Fix the freezes and ensure files are recognized properly.

2. I'd like to see a parametric eq.

3. I'd like the ability to delete the DB from the X3 instead of having to do it from the desktop.

4. I'd like to be able to choose a solid black background.

5. I'd like to be able to choose different fonts, particularly larger ones.

Can someone tell me how getting Artist -> Albums -> Tracks to work via ID3 tags is better than just browsing. Is it because your file organization is off? My file hierarchy pretty much matches my ID3 tags. If I catch something that is off, I correct it. So for me, browsing through folders is pretty much the same. At least, I think it is.

Thanks,
Nikolaus

Jan 20, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #118 of 190
1. First and foremost, I'd like to see overall stability increased. Fix the freezes and ensure files are recognized properly.

2. I'd like to see a parametric eq.

3. I'd like the ability to delete the DB from the X3 instead of having to do it from the desktop.

4. I'd like to be able to choose a solid black background.

5. I'd like to be able to choose different fonts, particularly larger ones.

Can someone tell me how getting Artist -> Albums -> Tracks to work via ID3 tags is better than just browsing. Is it because your file organization is off? My file hierarchy pretty much matches my ID3 tags. If I catch something that is off, I correct it. So for me, browsing through folders is pretty much the same. At least, I think it is.

Thanks,
Nikolaus

Absolutely agree with number 3. Hopefully that option can be added in an update.
As far as 4 & 5 go, you can do this by modifying the theme yourself. Unfortunately you can't just choose a larger font point size, but if you do get an inherently larger font you can just replace it altogether.
I keep my files really well organized too (well, musicbee does for me), so I find browsing works just the same as artist>albums>tracks would in category mode if/when that gets fixed. I can understand that some folks might not want to do all the file management themselves and would rather just dump everything into 1 or 2 folders and rely on the tags for sorting. Funny thing is that when I'm using Rockbox I never use the file browser, only the database...go figure. 

Jan 20, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #120 of 190
  Absolutely agree with number 3. Hopefully that option can be added in an update.
As far as 4 & 5 go, you can do this by modifying the theme yourself. Unfortunately you can't just choose a larger font point size, but if you do get an inherently larger font you can just replace it altogether.
I keep my files really well organized too (well, musicbee does for me), so I find browsing works just the same as artist>albums>tracks would in category mode if/when that gets fixed. I can understand that some folks might not want to do all the file management themselves and would rather just dump everything into 1 or 2 folders and rely on the tags for sorting. Funny thing is that when I'm using Rockbox I never use the file browser, only the database...go figure. 

I have to disagree with you guys on the number 3.
This is related to an issue with the files and the DB, deleting the DB is a "quick fix" to a main problem that should be fixed.
Creating a function as a workaround instead of fixing the main issue is, in my opinion, not the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back