Reply to some bugs of X3’s new firmware and new function suggestions from our end-users!
Nov 24, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #63 of 190
Adding my proposal:
Display meta tag (like track artist - track title) in cover mode OR filename in case tags are not present.
Or, the best, make it user customizable like the themes :p

P.S.: I really support Joe idea of a issue tracking system for X3..

Nov 24, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #64 of 190
Could you help me guys.
I just updated my X3 from 2.05 to 2.1 and now the DAC function doesn't work at all...The DAC menu is there, but there is no sound at all. I uninstalled/installed the PC drivers, but there is no change whatsoever...

Please, do you have any suggestions?

EDIT:.......fixed...sorry...

Nov 24, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #65 of 190
I've been getting random freezes that I haven't been able to pin point the source of.  The best I can guess is that the X3 does not like it when I press a button around the same time a track is ending/a new track is beginning.  The X3 freezes and becomes unresponsive for several minutes.  After a bit, the screen goes black (maybe due to my pressing/holding the power button repeatedly), and then the screen stays black for a long time until eventually I can power it back up again.  I will try to investigate further.  This is on firmware 2.1.

I am in the middle of a pretty bad freeze.  I'm not sure what's going on, but connecting it to my PC via USB didn't help.  When I did that, I got back to the screen I was on when the X3 froze, but  the device was still unresponsive when using controls.  I did not the see "connected to computer" screen or whatever it says.  However, I was able to access both the internal memory and SDXC card just fine from my computer and make edits (ie, renaming a folder).  Eventually the screen went black again.  I suspect this is just the screen turning off independent of the full machine shutting down.  After ejecting successfully, I'm back to where I was before connecting to the PC.  That is, the screen is black and pressing buttons does not do anything. 

I don't know what to do next.  

EDIT: Ahh it just came back.  Phew..

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #66 of 190
I have found two new bugs.

1) Capital accented letters are shown without the accents, Ř, Á are shown as R, A in directories and also tags

2) Accented letters in cue sheets are shown as chinese/japanese/korean

Nov 25, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #67 of 190

Long-term optimizing work:
1. Optimization of power consumption. As of FW 1.31, battery life is increased by 40mins.
2. Focus on the optimization regarding playback failure or problems with certain music files.
3. Increasing speed of updating lib, and fix rare freezes when updating lib
4. Fixing inaccuracies in CUE playback.

Improvements & added functions that would be included in the upcoming two firmware versions:
1. Optimized playback of certain music files.
2. Red battery icon to alert users to low battery.

Amendment plan which takes time that temporarily can’t confirm the completion progress:
1. Support the playback of DSD music files
2. Usage with self-supplied power device through OTG cable. (Note: More testing needed)
3. Support for embedded & external cover and cover named by its folder, cover, front and song title like in Foobar2000
4. Extend the limitations to the resolution and file size of the cover picture.
5. Fix possible minor distortion on left channel when playing high dynamic music in OGG format.
6. Support for OGG files’ tag information, such as album, title, artist, genre, embedded cover e.t.c
7. Support user-created playlists like M3U files.
8. To allow switching on “Hold” to switch off the display screen.

Unrealizable functions or unsolvable problems due to software framework and the base limit:
1. Can’t display the album and genre for CUE file.
2. Can’t change the cover and lyrics display option (i.e. If cover and lyrics coexists, it would scroll display the lyrics using transparent font on top of its cover. If there is no lyrics, it would only scroll display ID3 information. If there is no cover, it would display the way as in FW 1.23).
3. Slow speed in skipping songs; it would only skip to next song even if clicked ten times continuously, while it would skip to the tenth by clicking ten times on other machines.
4. Can’t add “Play by album“ function under artist option of play by category.
5. Can’t support exFAT, FAT format and 64KB cluster of FAT32 under 64G. (Workaround: Just use the inbuilt function to format the TF card?)
6. TF card content still not displayed on computer in the following circumstances: Connect X3 without TF card to computer, and then insert one TF card X3 after connection finished (Happens only on Windows XP)
7. Under play interface, it can’t remember its store path after several returns (go back to main menu, then back to play interface, and then click the back button again.)
When the “Memory Play” is on, it can’t remember current playing song’s store path after double switching on and off.
8. Can’t automatically skip through folders (under order play, it would skip to next sub-folder, if there is any, after it played all the files of the former folder).
9. Abnormal/Messy display of Korean characters when language is set as Simplified Chinese (Japanese characters are still ok)
10. Can only use FAT32 TF card to perform firmware upgrade
11. Can’t support the display of time and date.
12. Can’t delete the whole folder.
13. Can’t add the scroll bar to indicate the current location within the folder when choosing songs.

Hi James, I have tidied up the first post, hope it helps! :)

Nov 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #68 of 190
I've also run into this bug where I'm playing an album, then after a few songs, playback stops.  Then I try to re-select the song where it stopped at, and then the player freezes.  That just happened.  I'm trying to get it to un-freeze now.

EDIT: 5 hours later and I still have not been able to "un-freeze" the X3.  Any tips on un-freezing it?

Nov 25, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #69 of 190
Hit the reset button up top with a toothpick... :xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 25, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #70 of 190
Hit the reset button up top with a toothpick...
redface.gif

AHH thank you.  I've kept the silicone cover on it since day 1 and never realized it was there.

Nov 26, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #71 of 190
Is it possible to make, that the menu/back button always takes you from the now playing screen in the folder it is playing in browse mode, next press a level higher and so on until the main menu - or is it under the "Unrealizable functions or unsolvable problems ..." category?
It would be more convenient when playing an album in browse mode (since "automatically skip through folders..." isn't possible) and I want to listen to the next one - albums are in separate folders on the same folder level.

Nov 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #72 of 190
  I've also run into this bug where I'm playing an album, then after a few songs, playback stops.  Then I try to re-select the song where it stopped at, and then the player freezes.  That just happened.  I'm trying to get it to un-freeze now.

EDIT: 5 hours later and I still have not been able to "un-freeze" the X3.  Any tips on un-freezing it?

I have been able to reproduce this problem.  It occurs when I'm playing AAC files (VBR encoded with qaac) with gapless mode set to "ON".  Playback stops after a couple songs but the player doesn't crash.  If I press the "next track" button, it will go to the next track with some delay, but get there eventually.  Also, the player itself makes clicking sounds.  I don't hear it from headphones, I hear it from the player. If instead of pressing the "next track" button, I go to the browsing menu and try to select the next track, it will freeze.

I don't have this issue with gapless mode set to "OFF".

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #73 of 190
Quote:

I have been able to reproduce this problem.  It occurs when I'm playing AAC files (VBR encoded with qaac) with gapless mode set to "ON".  Playback stops after a couple songs but the player doesn't crash.  If I press the "next track" button, it will go to the next track with some delay, but get there eventually.  Also, the player itself makes clicking sounds.  I don't hear it from headphones, I hear it from the player. If instead of pressing the "next track" button, I go to the browsing menu and try to select the next track, it will freeze.

I don't have this issue with gapless mode set to "OFF".

Mine has a problem of a similar nature, but slightly different.
I hear the clicking sounds, too.

Startup , select song, hit play -> shutdown
happens when headphone is connected, I hear two clicks in the player (headphone out relays?)
does not happen when lineout is connected

It does not happen when the usb cable is connected to a charger or when I'm playing from the computer
It also does not happen within minutes of disconnecting from the usb cable ( and shutting down, restarting, select song, hit play, so as to attempt to reproduce the issue)

The battery shows at least half charged when this happens.

Is this a known problem or a defective unit? What do you guys think?

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #74 of 190
I just updated from 2.05 to 2.1, but now my computer doesn't even recognize my X3 nor the SD card in it.  I've tried multiple USB ports.  I made sure the X3 was in DAC mode before connecting to my computer.  Help!  I did not install the USB DAC driver for 2.05 when I updated to 2.05 firmware, but this shouldn't have any effect on the problem I'm having now.

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #75 of 190
I just updated from 2.05 to 2.1, but now my computer doesn't even recognize my X3 nor the SD card in it.  I've tried multiple USB ports.  I made sure the X3 was in DAC mode before connecting to my computer.  Help!  I did not install the USB DAC driver for 2.05 when I updated to 2.05 firmware, but this shouldn't have any effect on the problem I'm having now.

If you want the X3 to be recognized as a storage device (such as recognizing the SD card in the X3) you should have the X3's USB Mode be "Storage" not "DAC" :xf_eek: Make this menu setting change on the X3 before connecting it to the computer and the X3 will be recognized :)

DAC mode is for using the X3 as a USB DAC, if you're using windows you need to install the DAC driver for windows before you can use that function. :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back