Replacing Wooaudio WA2 for HD800
Feb 15, 2014 at 4:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dany111777

New Head-Fier
Greetings,

My current system is a Meridian CD Player, HD800 and Burson HA160.
I'm looking to purchase a Wooaudio WA 2, yet I have some doubts.
Since I live in Europe, the cost would be 1190 $ + 150 $ (transport) + VAT + duties, which is somewhere around 1700-1800$, without extra tubes.I paid 600 $ for the Burson. 

I am looking at an 200% investment over what I have now. I know the sound won't improve by 200%, but I'm wondering how much WILL it improve. I have never listened to the WA2, nor do I have the opportunity to listen to one, so I don't want to make a costly mistake.
Any help would be much appreciated. 

I mainly listen to jazz, classical and some rock/blues.

Feb 15, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #2 of 4
  Greetings,

My current system is a Meridian CD Player, HD800 and Burson HA160.
I'm looking to purchase a Wooaudio WA 2, yet I have some doubts.
Since I live in Europe, the cost would be 1190 $ + 150 $ (transport) + VAT + duties, which is somewhere around 1700-1800$, without extra tubes.I paid 600 $ for the Burson. 

I am looking at an 200% investment over what I have now. I know the sound won't improve by 200%, but I'm wondering how much WILL it improve. I have never listened to the WA2, nor do I have the opportunity to listen to one, so I don't want to make a costly mistake.
Any help would be much appreciated. 

I mainly listen to jazz, classical and some rock/blues.

I don't know how much it will improve the sound by since I've never heard the HA 160 but I do have the WA2 and the HD800. Why the WA2? Have you considered the bottlehead crack? I have owned the crack and the WA2 at the same time and they are pretty much equal to each other. The only reason I kept the WA2 was because it can be used as a pre amp. 

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #3 of 4
Equal? That is good news, given that the price for the Bottlehead is less than half (with upgrades). I was under the impression that it matched the WA3, which is also cheaper.
So there isn't much difference, regarding soundstage and detail?

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #4 of 4
  Equal? That is good news, given that the price for the Bottlehead is less than half (with upgrades). I was under the impression that it matched the WA3, which is also cheaper.
So there isn't much difference, regarding soundstage and detail?

I would say the crack has equal or better detail. As for the soundstage they're equal. I had much better tubes on the WA2 than I had the the crack. I don't know what I would've heard with better ones. I hope this helps with your decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back