Replacing HiFiMan RE0 with ???
Jul 19, 2017 at 12:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kmactavi

New Head-Fier
My HiFiMan RE0 earphones just died, and I need a replacement. I have loved these earphones, and I'm sad to replace them. I had UE super.fi 3 before, and found the RE0 to be far better in every way.

I'm looking for replacements for the RE0 in the $100-150 CAD range, but I've lost touch with what is out there.

I'm looking at HiFiMan RE-400 ($75-90 CAD), Dunu Titan1 / Fiio EX1 ($140-160 CAD), Massdrop x MEE Pinnacle PX ($150 CAD), 1MORE Triple ($150 CAD)...

Thanks for any recommendations!

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 4
Everything you list is a good headphone IMO. Personally, though, my preference would be for the 1More just because I think it has the best overall sound (I obviously haven't heard the Pinnacle PX, so I can't comment, but I have heard other Pinnacle products and I like them) quality of the group. The RE-400 has had some reports of mechanical failure, so you might read about that and see how you feel. about that issue.

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #3 of 4
I just read about build quality issues with the RE-400. I had to glue the cases back together on my RE-0s after a few years. Right and left happened within a few weeks of each other, so maybe temperature/age related. They lasted ~8 years, but they always lived in a case.

Anyway, the 1MORE Triples are on sale from $150 to $120 CAD at a local store, so that + positive reviews have made up my mind.

Thanks for the tips.

Jul 19, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #4 of 4
I just read about build quality issues with the RE-400. I had to glue the cases back together on my RE-0s after a few years. Right and left happened within a few weeks of each other, so maybe temperature/age related. They lasted ~8 years, but they always lived in a case.

Anyway, the 1MORE Triples are on sale from $150 to $120 CAD at a local store, so that + positive reviews have made up my mind.

Thanks for the tips.
Let us know how you like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back