Replacement pads for K1000? They exist?
Dec 15, 2005 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

jimbobuk

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I just got my 2nd pair of K1000s.. they are in fully working order which is a nice relief. Got the AKG branded SAC amp too which is working well, i understand now why its all heatsink, it gets pretty hot!!!

Anyways the pads on the K1000 are fairly used such that they are much flatter than my newer fresher pair of K1000 (with probably less than 20 hours on my head) I was wondering if the temple pads are easily replacable.. Mainly so that i can stop the bottom of the headphones + wire gently touching the side of my face compared with being held away enough with that extra 1/2cm of a fresh pad.

everything else looks great, the headband looking more difficult to swop out and with no obvious problems i'm happy for that to stay as it is.

Anyone got any ideas

Regards

Jim

Dec 18, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #2 of 12
so these pads just aren't replacable, or people don't know it? it looks slightly complicated to the point of not being easily user servicable.. perhaps its a send back to AKG job, or just a not fixable job.. a shame as these pads are instrumental in the headphone fit.. they're not bad being squashed like they are.. more comfortable perhaps.

The guy i brought them off said they were relatively new... i was surprised to see that they came in a black AKG box, not the wooden box mine came in.

Dec 18, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #3 of 12
They do not look to be easily replaceable like Sennheisers.

Taking a look at mine looks like some parts can be removed, but you would be replacing some parts of the headband. Unless the temple pads are affixed by adhesives and you can replace them like Sony R10's which includes ripping them off and sticking the new ones on.

Mine are still in good shape, so I have no need to replace them, but why don't you shoot off an email to AKG and ask them if they sell replacement parts for the leather temple pads, or do they need to be sent in?

Keep us posted.
wink.gif

-Ed

Dec 18, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbobuk

The guy i brought them off said they were relatively new... i was surprised to see that they came in a black AKG box, not the wooden box mine came in.

My K1000's are almost two years old, and they came in a wooden box.

Can you post a pic of that black box?

-Ed

Dec 18, 2005 at 9:19 AM Post #6 of 12
jimbobuk, you have to go to AKG discussions board. It's on AKG website. There are techniciens who answers quickly for every question.

Dec 18, 2005 at 2:02 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbobuk

I've seen European versions come in a black wooden box. It's a black stain, with no varnish. My first pair was like that. North-American models are natural clear-varnished wood. They're otherwise identical in shape, size, construction, etc.

Also, the extension cable on some older European ones had an amber-colored casing, with uncolored wiring (confusing when it comes to amp hookup). Newer ones should all be color-coded.

Dec 19, 2005 at 4:52 PM Post #9 of 12
lenainrouge, thanks for the suggestion i stumbled across the AKG forum the other day. I've asked my questions on there, we'll see how it goes.

These K1000s with the black box came from a german pair of K1000s
smily_headphones1.gif

The box is in good condition aside from the top of the box on the inside has lost some of the padding where its rubbed against the headphone. I've not put mine in the box since receiving them, i can't remember the natural orientation something makes me thing you should have the wires going into the bottom of the box though i and the previous owner has naturally placed them with the wire coming up out the top of the box, leaving sharper edges to wear the foam down.

I took pictures of the amp for my potential cable builder, not that great but if you want to look they're here

http://jimtreats.com/k1000/amp/

I'll try to get round to photo-ing the box for those that are interested
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #11 of 12
Nevermind, I found the answer myself.

Here is the answer that was given on the AKG message board for those interested:

" Hi,
The cables and the pads you are looking for, will be available from your local AKG distributor. When you mail me your emailaddress and your place of living to hotline@akg.com, I will send you a service paper which allows you to select the correct cable and I will provide you with the name and address of our distributor."

Jan 26, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nevermind, I found the answer myself.

Here is the answer that was given on the AKG message board for those interested:

" Hi,
The cables and the pads you are looking for, will be available from your local AKG distributor. When you mail me your emailaddress and your place of living to hotline@akg.com, I will send you a service paper which allows you to select the correct cable and I will provide you with the name and address of our distributor."

Any luck with this? I'd like to have a few spare pads as well even though mine are pretty much new right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back