Replacement for Sony MDR-D66SL Eggo headphones - mine were stolen!
Feb 1, 2011 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bigshloss

New Head-Fier
So my house was broken into a few weeks back and the thieves unfortunately stole my go-to headphones, my 8+ year old pair of Sony MDR-D66SL Eggo headphones (http://www.coolhunting.com/tech/sony-eggo.php).

Being that Sony discontinued these a few years back and it is difficult to find any to purchase, I wanted to see if this great community had any recommendations for me regarding a replacement. I actually bought these after reading great reviews from you folks here on head-fi many years back.

Ideally, I would find something as similar to these as possible, but here is a list of how I would describe what I'm looking for:
  1. SIZE - similar to the MDR-D66SL; I have small ears, so the egg-shaped earcups were perfect. Something similar would be great, where my ears fit inside the cups.
  2. SOUND - I'm certainly no audiophile, but I do enjoy decent sound. Something similar to the MDR-D66SL would be wonderful.
  3. PORTABILITY - Portable, would like them to fold up similar to what the MDR-D66SL did (earcups, but foldable)
  4. BUDGET - $50-$100
  5. Open to purchasing from overseas if necessary, as I did when I bought the Eggos.

Any help or suggestions you can give me is greatly appreciated. Of all the items the thieves took, these are one of my more prized (and not easily replaced) possessions, as they have done me well over the years.

Thanks!

Mar 13, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #5 of 5
I may be convinced to part with mine for the right price - PM me .
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back