Replacement for my Westone 3.
Dec 28, 2017 at 10:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

yuerakuten

Head-Fier
Hello guys.

I bought the Westone 3 on its release date (10 years ago wow) and it served me very well through all this time. I've been using full sized headphones (like HD650) for the past 2~3 years so my favorite earphone was a bit forgotten...

A few days ago I realized that the earphone was dead (or almost dead), it's doing a lot off "hiss" which makes unbearable to use. Tried everything to revive it (or almost everything).

So... I'm searching a replacement for, it was a TOP earphone 10 years ago, but how does it compares with the newest earphones?

The comfort was "okay" (I cut the triple flange and been using it as as double flange), had a Westone UM2 before owning a Westone 3 and the UM2 was more comfortable.

I'm not really looking for "sound quality" upgrade because I have a HD650 for home use and gonna use the portable earphone only sometimes outside.

I paid like $350 for the Westone 3 on release date, 10 years late, could I buy something like the Westone 3 for a lot cheaper? Let's say like... 100 bucks?

Thanks for reading.

Dec 28, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #5 of 6
Dec 28, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #6 of 6
massdrop has westone 30 a year ago and I managed to snatch a pair for $234. It is actually w30 but with a slight bump in the bass. But not sure if there'll be a drop again in the future because that was the first and the last drop I've seen on massdrop and it was limited to 200 pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back