Replacement for Meelec M9?
Feb 19, 2011 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Tablo

100+ Head-Fier
I want an IEM that's not so harshly V-shaped like the M9, since I realized that harsh V-shaped earphones are quickly fatiguing and hurts my ears. I'd still like some bass since I listen to Hip-Hop and Electronic, but not as boomy as the M9. Are there any good earphones that are less V-shaped in the same price range? 

Feb 20, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #2 of 14
In the same price range maybe the soundmagic pl21, it's the only other half decent phone i've heard in that range though. For slightly more consider something from Visang/Vsonic/Brainwavz, I owned the r02 from visang and the r02proii from vsonic and they're both pretty damn good.

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #4 of 14
I haven't heard that one, I highly doubt it's anything other than a great choice though. Enjoy them. 
etysmile.gif

Feb 20, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #5 of 14
Hi,

In a few short weeks I had the M9 and than the M2.
Both are highly regarded on head-fi. But I must say that i didnt really like the M9. The M2 was much enjoyable soundwise for me.
but of course the M2 was nearly triple the price compared with the M9.

Ps what kind of earbuds are u using with your M9s? The single flange worked much better than the dual flange for me. making it all less harsh.

Feb 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #6 of 14
The smallest single flange. These aren't comfortable to me. They give me little headaches when I put them in, and the bi-flanges just don't fit. Maybe it's time for cans? 
biggrin.gif
Quote:

Hi,

In a few short weeks I had the M9 and than the M2.
Both are highly regarded on head-fi. But I must say that i didnt really like the M9. The M2 was much enjoyable soundwise for me.
but of course the M2 was nearly triple the price compared with the M9.

Ps what kind of earbuds are u using with your M9s? The single flange worked much better than the dual flange for me. making it all less harsh.

Mar 4, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #11 of 14

Quote:
So I will be getting ProAlphas for $39.50 at MP4nation.net, too bad MP4nationUSA doesn't ship to Canada, they had a free Fiio E5 deal at the same price.

Just last week they were 22.50 at mp4nation with a 5% off coupon so they costed me like 21 dollars. Butif that's what you want..

Mar 18, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #13 of 14
Got my Brainwavz ProAlpha today, sounds pretty bad right now, worse than M9, almost like Apple earbuds. I'll try burning them in. The bass and treble isn't as sharp as the M9, and the tips seem to be smaller too. Soundstage is definitely smaller than M9 (at least for now).

Sent from my iPod touch 4th generation using Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #14 of 14
I'm liking the Brainwavz ProAlphas. With the m9 I had to listen to them in half volume (out of iPod touch 4) to listen to the midrange, but with these 2 or 3 bars is enough. I like the sound signature, better than M9. Only if I got the Brainwavz M2s on April Fools... :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back