Replacement for HD 448
Nov 4, 2013 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

timonoj

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

My HD 448 just died yesterday (after a couple of repairs, they broke again), so I'm considering to get some new Sennheiser headphones. I'm in a bit of a conundrum here. I really loved the more or less neutral (also heard it called "dark") sound of them. But I also love the design of the Momentum on-ear. I'd use them mainly for street listening, and for all kinds of music (classic not very often, but anything from Jazz, Pop, Electronic and Rock...some Heavy from time to time).
So...Do you have any recommendation on some nice Sennheiser sound equivalent to the 448? Or would you commend the Momentum? I tried these once, and although I noticed they powered the bass in comparison to the HD 448, it didn't bother me as it usually would, the result was nice and somehow still balanced.

Thanks!

Nov 5, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #5 of 9
Sorry, I'm a brand newbie on the forum, didn't set the profile yet (not sure I'm allowed, I think I have some options restricted at the beginning).
I live in Hong Kong, so some prices are rather high. I can see the HD 25-1 II listed at 2100HKD, which is 270USD...They keep being a bit pricey for me. Also, although I like the design, I really think I don't need the flip option to listen from one ear, I'm not likely to turn into a DJ anytime soon :p

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #8 of 9
Actually that's similar to the price in the EU, never mind. Have you thought of looking for some 2nd hand headphones? The cans that have been suggested to you are all built pretty sturdy so there shouldn't be a problem there.

Nov 6, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #9 of 9
  Hi guys,

My HD 448 just died yesterday (after a couple of repairs, they broke again), so I'm considering to get some new Sennheiser headphones. I'm in a bit of a conundrum here. I really loved the more or less neutral (also heard it called "dark") sound of them. But I also love the design of the Momentum on-ear. I'd use them mainly for street listening, and for all kinds of music (classic not very often, but anything from Jazz, Pop, Electronic and Rock...some Heavy from time to time).
So...Do you have any recommendation on some nice Sennheiser sound equivalent to the 448? Or would you commend the Momentum? I tried these once, and although I noticed they powered the bass in comparison to the HD 448, it didn't bother me as it usually would, the result was nice and somehow still balanced.

Thanks!

If they broke in the jack, and you like the sound signature of HD448, you probable like the HD439 (More sub-bass than HD448, sweet mids and less highs than HD448, replaceable cable, $100 US). However the sound signature of Momentum On-Ear is brighter than Hd448 And 439 with a tad more bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back