replacement eartips for Philips she 9850?
Jun 3, 2009 at 12:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Marshal Banana

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I bought those earbuds, but i don't feel very confortable with the stock soft plastic eartips. I'm looking for some soft plastic eartips replacement (I get a better isolation with the soft plastics one than the foam eartips).
Do you know what soft plastic eartips are compatible with my IEM and confortable? Which replacement eartips would you recommend?

(sorry for my weird english, I'm not an english native speaker
confused_face.gif
)

Jun 4, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #3 of 10
Most of the Shure's sleeves (beside those for E2c) will fit. I am using Shure black foam sleeves on mine.

[EDIT] btw, Sleek Audio's and Klipsch's (for X10, X5) should also fit.

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #5 of 10
2nded on the Klipsch tips, I had some extra Klipsch laying around from my X10s and lent them to a friend with the SHE9850s, he says they're excellent for both isolation and comfort. I believe you can order them straight from Klipsch.

Jun 4, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #6 of 10
Thanks. I can say i totally agree, don't like them either. The foamies work great however.
btw; How do you like the SHE9850?

Jun 5, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #7 of 10
Thanks for the answers.
I love the sound of the she 9850. I listen to a lot of different style of music (classic, jazz, rock, OST, etc...) and for me the sound is very well balanced with a lot of details . I think they are especially amazing on accoustic music.
Plus great design and great manufacture.

Jun 5, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #8 of 10
I bought new eartips, there was just the Shure black foam sleeves in the store so...
I tried and they are incredibly confortable (far more confortable than the stock ones, even the foam) with a great isolation (so I get very goob bass).
BUT, there is a problem: it was a little bit difficult to put them in and now I can't remove them.
frown.gif

ClieOS you use the same eartips, do you have the same problem?

Jun 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #9 of 10
You mean the black foam sleeves (we call it 'olive' here) are a bit difficult to put on or remove from the nozzle? Yes, they are a bit tight, but still workable.

To remove the olive, just hold the IEM's metal part firmly, then pull the base of the olive (where the plastic tube is) with your finger nail bit by bit. Once the plastic tube goes over the bump on the metal nozzle, it will slide out much easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back