Replacement earphones for ER4P
Oct 7, 2012 at 6:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

KentoArsenal

New Head-Fier
Do any of you guys know a good replacement earphones for the ER4P? I like the balanced sound of them but I still think that they are kinda lacking in the bass department. I am currently considering getting the Klipsch x10, Monster Turbine Pro Gold or the Sony XBA-4. They're currently selling cheap on amazon with the x10 going for $156, Turbine Gold for 180. XBA-4 on amazon japan is also selling at a discounted price. Please advice me on which earphones to get.

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #2 of 6
All of your choices would be a downgrade in my opinion...

An upgrade path may be the Yamaha EPH-100, or the Etymotic MC5 with the NRB Mod.

Cheers, Jim
Quote:
Do any of you guys know a good replacement earphones for the ER4P? I like the balanced sound of them but I still think that they are kinda lacking in the bass department. I am currently considering getting the Klipsch x10, Monster Turbine Pro Gold or the Sony XBA-4. They're currently selling cheap on amazon with the x10 going for $156, Turbine Gold for 180. XBA-4 on amazon japan is also selling at a discounted price. Please advice me on which earphones to get.

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
All of your choices would be a downgrade in my opinion...

An upgrade path may be the Yamaha EPH-100, or the Etymotic MC5 with the NRB Mod.

Cheers, Jim

Thanks for the quick response. However, the earphones you suggested above are really cheap (?) compared to the original price of the earphones I'm looking at. I've tried out the Klipsch X10 before and I was pretty satisfied with it. Reviews online were also quite favorable. Have you tried the X10s before?

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #4 of 6
Well there you go then...

Hope you enjoy your new headphones.

Jim
Quote:

Thanks for the quick response. However, the earphones you suggested above are really cheap (?) compared to the original price of the earphones I'm looking at. I've tried out the Klipsch X10 before and I was pretty satisfied with it. Reviews online were also quite favorable. Have you tried the X10s before?

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #6 of 6
Pretty sure there's no upgrade path in the Etymotic line once you have the ER-4's. 

Do you like the Ety's? Could you just use a difference source or some EQing to fix the issues? That way you will save some cash? Just a thought, but I also know how it is once you get it in your mind that you need to "upgrade"...lol...it's really hard to make yourself change your mind. 

I wish I had enough experience to offer suggestions. The only other IEM that I have experience with that I think it a great option is maybe the RE-262. They are warm, but have great sound and detail with a good quality bass, more quantity than the Etys though not as accurate. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back