Replacement covers for EP-630s?
Aug 14, 2007 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sonicm

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there head-fi,
I've owned my creative ep-630s for a while now, a bit over a year I think, and they still work perfectly. If anyone reading this is pondering on buying it, I'd definitely recommend them. Anyways, I've managed to lose all but one of the plastic covers and now can't use them, despite their being in perfect working order. I've searched a bit, but can't seem to find any online, so does anyone at head-fi know where I can get some replacements? I wanted to get them quickly before school starts, seeing as I'm on the last bus stop and my earbuds make an annoying rattling sound.

Aug 14, 2007 at 3:30 PM Post #2 of 8
bump...anyone have an idea?

Aug 14, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #3 of 8
I know for a fact that the ultimate ears metro.fi tips will fit them, and I'm pretty sure the super.fi tips will fit too.

Aug 14, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #4 of 8
Those are not 'plastic cover', they are called 'silicon tips'
smily_headphones1.gif

You can get either replacement from UE (as mentioned), Sennheiser, Sony, Panasonic, or Audio-Technica. You can get the UE tips from HeadRoom.

Aug 14, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #6 of 8
Are you sure he isn't talking about the grill? I'm not sure if they are plastic or not, but I wouldn't want to use them without the grill, and that would be hard to replace. If it is the tips though, that is an easy replacement and has been covered.

Aug 14, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #7 of 8
Its grill are made out of metal, so I am sure he isn't looking at those.

Aug 14, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you sure he isn't talking about the grill? I'm not sure if they are plastic or not, but I wouldn't want to use them without the grill, and that would be hard to replace. If it is the tips though, that is an easy replacement and has been covered.

No, I was talking about the silicone tips. My pair is, though, missing the metal grill. I had to remove it a while ago after it got clogged with ear wax(icky, and why you should clean your ears before using these) and they seem to sound and work exactly the same. Why wouldn't want to use them without the grill? I for one don't even see much of a purpose for it besides cosmetics.

Also, regarding the silicone tips, do you guys know if these would work? I just wanted to make 100% sure so I don't waste time..traveling sucks when all I can't use my ksc-75 and have to use broken earbuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back