Replacement cables for IEMs on AliExpress?
Apr 1, 2017 at 9:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

joejoesim

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I currently own a pair of ER4p/s IEMs + Dragonfly Black 1.5, and wish to replace the stock cable in order to improve the audio quality and wearability in general. I have noticed that it is possible to purchase dedicated silver plated cables and PCOCC cables for ER4 earphones.

1. Does anybody have experience with purchasing audio cables on AliExpress or any of the Chinese vendors? I don't necessarily need the best cable out there, but want to improve the sound in general, and find something that would give some improvement.
2. Should I use the P to S stock converter with higher quality cables? Will it degrade audio quality?

Thank you,

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 2, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #2 of 5
Perhaps I should rephrase the question: Will a silver plated cable or pcocc cable from Lunashops will be an improvement over the stock cable?

Apr 2, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #3 of 5
Note that none of the ER4 cable you can find on AE / Lunashops / Taobao has built with the proper resistance following Etymotic's spec. They will not give you the exact same sound as ER4P / ER4S / ER4B.

Apr 2, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #4 of 5
Note that none of the ER4 cable you can find on AE / Lunashops / Taobao has built with the proper resistance following Etymotic's spec. They will not give you the exact same sound as ER4P / ER4S / ER4B.

Thank you. Would you recommend staying with the stock cable then? Or getting a different cable some place else? "A pure sound" are too expensive for me.

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #5 of 5
Thank you. Would you recommend staying with the stock cable then? Or getting a different cable some place else? "A pure sound" are too expensive for me.

Even APureSound, as far as I know, doesn't build ER4 cable to spec. Though whether a person will like it or not is largely an issue of personal taste. I don't like the stock cable much as well, thus I am using my own DIY cable, which is actually based on Lunashops' cable but rebuilt to proper spec as ER4S. It doesn't degrade nor improve the SQ in any significant way, but does improve the ergonomics and that's a big win in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back