Replacement cable for SENN HD25-1's,suggestions please
Aug 9, 2006 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

robster

500+ Head-Fier
Howdee-well I ordered a pair of Sennheiser HD25-1's today. From reading past posts they sound better replacing the steel cable with a OFC cable. Can someone please tell me if the SENN 580 cable will work easily in the HD25-1's? I realize the Headphile V2 cable will work but is the Headphile cable very flexible.
I will be using the HD25-1's when walking the dogs and while doing yard work and I need a cable that will be flexible and the excess cable can be easily tucked into my Headroom Mini bag.

Many thanks,
Robert

Aug 10, 2006 at 5:12 PM Post #2 of 7
Howdee,
I found a OFC (copper) replacement cable for my SENN HD25-1's to replace the stock steel cable. http://www.vinylwarning.com.au/produ...ducts_id=10251
Vinylwarning in Australia $33.95 AUD,or $26.95 USD plus $9 to ship,it's Sennheiser part # 74532,but SENN USA doesn't have it,I just called.
Thanks to BushGuy for his very helpful info about what cable to go with,he suggested http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_artikel...d154e16d71a754 for my portable use while out and about walking the dogs and yard work.
I contacted Thomann in Germany but they emailed and said they have a 25 Euros minium order and their shipping equals that amount.

I originally thought I would just get a SENN 580 or 650 cable and invert the cups or maybe a V2 cable from Headphile but I've read in past posts that Handi-tack or Blue Tack is needed to keep the connectors in place and I'm afraid that when outside the cable might get snagged and pull out.

I plan on sending the replacement cable to Moon Audio to have the cable shortened and a 1/8 mini put on.

Cheers,
Robert

Aug 10, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #4 of 7
Well Robert you know I recommend the Headphile Senn V2 cable. It made an enormous improvement with the HD25's - the biggest improvement I can directly attribute to a cable.

Aug 10, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by robster
Hi mOOh,do you notice any sound difference between the HD25-13 and the Senn HD580 cable?

Hi!
I never made a comparison. You have to know that I do not believe in "cable sound" (im a student of physics and engineering).
And by just changing the cable without the possibility of A/B-ing can make you hear eventhing you brain wants to hear (which nothing for me).

Also I have to state that the HD25-13 cable has been pre-installed on my HD25. I don't even think that I would have changed the standard cable...

But if you want copper instead of steel...I just recommend the cheapest and easiest possibility. And that is HD25-13 (or any other HD25 compatible copper cable).

m00h

Users who are viewing this thread

Back