Replacement ALO Rx batteries help
Apr 11, 2012 at 7:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

unl3a5h3d

500+ Head-Fier
Okay guys, so I have an ALO Rx that will not stay charged more than 5-10 minutes of use. It is pretty old and probably has close to 3000 hours. Opened it up and was going to try and buy some new Li Ion batteries and solder them on myself. The batteries in it now are 3.7V - 3.4Wh. I am not sure what the 3.4Wh is, and I was wondering what kind of batteries I should get to replace them. I looked for some just like it but most of what I could find were cell phone batteries with more of the 'Wh'. Shouldn't be too hard to come up with an answer, I am not good with this side of DIY. Thanks in advance!

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #2 of 12

Quote:
Okay guys, so I have an ALO Rx that will not stay charged more than 5-10 minutes of use. It is pretty old and probably has close to 3000 hours. Opened it up and was going to try and buy some new Li Ion batteries and solder them on myself. The batteries in it now are 3.7V - 3.4Wh. I am not sure what the 3.4Wh is, and I was wondering what kind of batteries I should get to replace them. I looked for some just like it but most of what I could find were cell phone batteries with more of the 'Wh'. Shouldn't be too hard to come up with an answer, I am not good with this side of DIY. Thanks in advance!

Have you tried contacting ALO? 

Maybe he will just replace the batteries as a mater of good CS. 

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #3 of 12
Ari,

http://www.head-fi.org/t/594811/alo-rx-died-upgrade-help

rolleyes.gif

Apr 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #5 of 12
mAh = Wh × 1000 / V

Let's call it 900mAh.

What are the battery dimensions and does it have a protection board "build in" (a picture will help figure that out) ?

Apr 25, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #12 of 12

Thanks for all of the help guys, the link to Mouser will be purchased in a couple of days. Also, sorry for the not responding, school sucks right now. 
Quote:

I have upgraded already to the RSA Protector, my goal in making my Rx usable again is to have 2 different portable rigs. ALO ceased to help me a long time ago. Anyways, thanks all!

//Mods you can lock this thread now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back