Replace Sansa Fuze rotary control (or should I ditch for E280?)
Apr 29, 2010 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

kazakore

100+ Head-Fier
Anybody got any idea of where I might find a replacement rotary control for a Sansa Fuze? Tried searching ebay but no joy, had a quick look on RS but not quite sure exactly what this type of control/button combination would come under in the lists. Any help appreciated.

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #2 of 9
Wondering whether to just get another Sansa Fuze (unfortunately pretty sure mine is V2) so keep it for spares in case of future breaks or maybe buy one of these E280s and have a play with Rockbox...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sandisk-Sansa-...item5ad0dcf58b

Nobody changed controls on a Fuze yet though? Although not 100% sure that is what's wrong I am fairly certain (did get quite full of sand) and should be an easy change so had hoped to be able to find the part at a reasonable price.

Apr 29, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #3 of 9
My control stops workign from time to time and i've never been near sand. As much as I like the fact that I can rockbox the bugger, I hate the Fuze controls, the ergonomics, the nipple, and the wheel. It always seems about to break or stop working.

Apr 29, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #4 of 9
Think it was the taking apart that totally finished mine off
wink.gif
Used to just be a little dicky at times before but now is dead
frown.gif

V2 so can't even Rockbox mine.

Looks like View and Clip use same wheel/button assembly so surprised they haven't come up on the DIY repair market. Or am I just searching for the wrong thing/in teh wrong place?

So second Fuze V2 or an E280 I can (hopefulyl Rockbox)?

Apr 29, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #5 of 9
I love the sound quality of my Fuze, but I dislike the overly sensitive wheel and how it protrudes out from the face of the unit. I have to carefully drop it into my pants pocket for fear of changing the volume. Even then a gentle press like when I try to walk into a bus and sit down ends up pausing or changing the track on the Fuze. The wheel should really have been recessed like the click pad on the Clip or at least flush like the Clip+. Another solution would have been putting a slightly raised rim around the wheel as part of the Fuze's front casing.

Still, I really like my Fuze, so I'll live with it
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kazakore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Think it was the taking apart that totally finished mine off
wink.gif
Used to just be a little dicky at times before but now is dead
frown.gif

V2 so can't even Rockbox mine.

Looks like View and Clip use same wheel/button assembly so surprised they haven't come up on the DIY repair market. Or am I just searching for the wrong thing/in teh wrong place?

So second Fuze V2 or an E280 I can (hopefulyl Rockbox)?

Mine is V2 and it is rockboxed. Other than write support, it is pretty damn good - much better than stock.

May 4, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine is V2 and it is rockboxed. Other than write support, it is pretty damn good - much better than stock.

Really? The fact it's listed as an Unusable Port made me think it wasn't really working at all.

Rockbox - Open Source Jukebox Firmware

So just USB that doesn't work? Looking further into it seems to imply you can boot into original firmware with V1 but not V2. As I change the audio on my player quite frequently that would be no good for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back