Replace my q-jays by a portable headphone
Jul 21, 2009 at 10:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

X-Dan

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I actually own a rockboxed sansa Fuze player, a FiiO amps (a little little better than the integrated amp of the Fuze) and a pair of Q-Jays IEM. I listen only to music encoded in flac format. I also own a Sennheiser HD650 for home use only.

I must admit that i am very happy with this intras, but there are two problems that are coming over time:
- The first one, the q-jays cable is really awful and in 6 months there are micro cracks near the speakers. I really think that they will not last for another 6 months !!
- The second one, i am working in an open space and when i am wearing the q-jays i do not hear anything more (good on one side.. but bad when I a colleague want to speak with me).

I am looking for a headphone maybe like a Sennheiser PX 100 or 200 or something like that. My budget is about 150$ and I am looking for something "musical" and portable (and hopefully so good than the q-jays in sound quality)...

A big thank in advance for all your advices !!

Daniel.

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #3 of 4
$150. in all honesty, I'd get on ebay and try for a pair of Sennheiser HD25-1's. The new Ultrasone Zino, seems to be going down well.

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #4 of 4
Hello, I would prefer something more comfortable than the HD25. I have tried it, the sound is really great, but the headphone sticks really hard on the head (I have a big head ^^).

Never heard of the zino, I will explore it. The hardest thing will be to try different models without buying them :wink: (I live in switzerland)

Maybe to orient more the advice, I am principally hearing jazz or ambient (sort of electronic new age music for does who don't know).

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back