Replace Kimber USB with a commercially manufactured cable?
May 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #31 of 33
I have tried both usb cables ( kimber usb copper ) and wireworld ultraviolet and the wireworld cables had more punch to the sound, the kimber was just to laid back for me. ( rock music ). Bare in mind that ordinary usb cables transmit data in blocks, which are very robust, but audio is streamed continuously as a stream and is nowhere near as robust as ordinary computer data.

Jun 2, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #32 of 33
I tried Kimber cable but it was too dark when connecting my computer and Woo Audio WA7 and it was too dark when using D7000 headphones so I decided to try Audioquest Carbon and Voodoo Magic Bus and choose to keep Carbon since it is cheaper but heard no difference between them but they gave me sparkle and air Kimber was missing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jan 6, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #33 of 33
My friend has a Belkin Gold and doesn't believe in USB cable affecting sound. 

I let him try an audioquest forest and an older version wireworld ultraviolet

He couldn't tell any difference with the ultraviolet but with the forest he noticed an improvement. He now believes that there is a difference but probably not worth the hundreds people put into it (at least not for his Schiit Modi!). 

I too found the Forest to be better than the the ultraviolet and the belkin but I found the Kimber Cu with the ferrite cores built in to be the nicest of them all. I enjoy laid back sound signatures so the Kimber works very well for me. I tried a newer Wireworld Ultraviolet 5.2 and noticed an improvement over the Belkin and other stock cables but I still liked the Kimber the best. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back