Repairing Grado Headband
May 3, 2009 at 12:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Hotspringseeker

New Head-Fier
After saving up, buying a new set of Grado 325's and "burning them in" (they ARE very bright when new!) The headband came out of that plastic piece where the earpiece slides up and down.
I pushed it back in and it seems to hold, but I'm looking for what other's have done to glue or otherwise beef-up this seeming weak spot in these phones?
These are only a week old and I really don't want to send them back for a new pair or repair after breaking them in day after day after day......
Any thoughts on how to make the headbands bulletproof?
Thanks,
rob.......

May 3, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #3 of 4
Mine fell out on my SR80's. I just added a little glue and stuck it back in. It's been good for over a year now.

Oct 6, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #4 of 4
Hello, I'm new to Head-Fi and unsure whether to open a new thread or warm up this old one. Please apologize if I'm doing the wrong thing.

I think I got the same or a similar problem with my Grado PS500, the connection of the headband to the plastic "block" got very loose on one side. The whole cup falls of the headband day by day. Unfortunately I'm not a native English speaker and not completely sure if I got the same damage as mentioned above. I'd be very happy to get a confirmation before I put glue on the wrong parts
wink.gif

Below I'm linking two photos, please let me know if I really should be putting glue in there...

Btw: I only got the headphones for 2 month now, but bought them from an unauthorized dealer in Switzerland (which I found out on the Grado website after my pruchase). I got 2 years waranty at my store, but I assume that they have to send my Grados to the US which probably takes months to get them back.

Many thanks & kind regards

http://imageshack.us/a/img32/7919/dscf2635b.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/dscf2636jz.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back