Repairing Denon AVR-900 Receiver
May 13, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #17 of 21
No--my final semester of college was coming to a close, so I didn't have much time. I'm still thinking about how I might test it without the service manual (or even with the service manual). The problem is obviously not just a blown fuse, and my guess is that we both had the same problem. It would be nice if there was an ex-Denon service tech around to mention some troubleshooting possibilities for this model.
icon10.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #18 of 21
Just wondering if anyone has gotten anymore information about this problem.
A friend just gave me an AVR-900 and it has the same problem. Fuses all look good.
When I turn it on, it always goes to -PROTECT-.
I have reset the microprocessor and still the protect mode.

I have tried this with one speaker attached and with no speakers.
I looked at all the speaker connections and can find not even a strand of wire that might be shorting the speakers out.

Are there any other reaons the unit would go into the Protect mode ?
Craig

Jul 26, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #19 of 21
Probably some sort of power problem... I still haven't figured it out. It's just sitting in a box somewhere. All of my Denon equipment is broken and in need of checks with an oscilloscope.
frown.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #20 of 21
You could check on diyaudio.com. One of the mods there (anatech) is a former service manager (owned his own company), and knows alot about repairing stereo gear. I couldn't find anything on the AVR-900, but there was some stuff on the AVR-1602 there. I would guess the problem is in the output transistor(s) and associated components.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back