Remove hiss?
Jul 19, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #16 of 19
From what I've read, there's also a lot of desktop amps that have irregularities with IEM resistance/sensitivity to cause a lot of hiss as well. My only IEM is my workout BT earphones (probably a great format that eliminates any of those issues). I would think that if you're determined to use any source, it would be possible. The main issue is sensitivity to resistance. Would be a good DIY to research your amp output vs IEM specs (and then determine what resistor to use in a makeshift adapter).

Jul 22, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #17 of 19
Well, my IEMatch has arrived and I'm happy with it, can't hear hiss anymore. As to frequency response of CA Solaris - there are some measurements in Solaris's thread - iEMatch brings very small changes to original response.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #18 of 19
happy to see that you found a satisfying solution.

Sep 25, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #19 of 19
For what its worth, Ive found one way to prevent the hiss wjen the source is noisy, but the DAC isn't. Just max out volume at the source, so SNR is as low as possible, then control only the DAC's volume after. Ive got good results with my fiio btr3k. Of course, this was also with a balanced cable, need to try this out with a normal 3.5mm one as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back