Remove 1/8" adapter from headphone?
Sep 6, 2012 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

KingofWisdom

New Head-Fier
Okay, so I recently bought the AKG K550 off eBay and received it today. The plug comes with a 1/8" adapter already attached, but I want to take that off and have no idea how to do so. Clearly this is my first foray into higher quality 'phones. There were no such instructions on or in the box, and searching for answers online didn't net me anything. Anyone know how to do this? I don't want to mess around with the cable and risk damaging it.

Sep 6, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 5
I think you mean 1/4 in adapter... In which case you just grab the plastic part of the adapter and twist counter clockwise and it will come off revealing a 1/8 in plug.

Sep 6, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Okay, so I recently bought the AKG K550 off eBay and received it today. The plug comes with a 1/8" adapter already attached, but I want to take that off and have no idea how to do so. Clearly this is my first foray into higher quality 'phones. There were no such instructions on or in the box, and searching for answers online didn't net me anything. Anyone know how to do this? I don't want to mess around with the cable and risk damaging it.

The can comes with a 1/4" adapter that screws onto the 1/8" end of the cable.  See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr_nRTcCKoA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back