Remote control Chord Qutest input selector
Mar 24, 2022 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

londonm82

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

So my last post didn’t get anywhere, and I would love to start getting involved in normal posts so need to build up my profile.

I own a Chord Qutest, driven by Roon and a Allo DigiOne, Naim 5Si, DynAudio Emit M20’s and a Rel 5i sub for good measure. Love the system, it’s been built up piece by piece over the years. I’d pitch it at lower mid-range but the synergy just works. Once my account is upgraded I hope to find out the best upgrade path, as as I found out last time, once one part of the system goes up to the next level it’s like slipping on a banana skin, and the next thing you know you’ve sold a kidney to cover the cost of the premium cables you must now have. But until then, here’s a tip for those who own a Chord Qutest.

Owners know how fantastic it sounds, but the only bug bear I had with it was having to get up to switch the input source, which for me was quite frequent (TV on optical, DigiOne on BNC). This involved me getting up off my nice warm spot I’ve made for myself on the sofa and walking all of 2metres and back again. In 2022… can you believe it!

I looked into how I can remedy this minor (major) inconvenience and came across a Switchbot Smart Switch (note: I am in no way affiliated with these guys). It’s a remote controlled button presser that is controlled via a bluetooth app on your phone, has many applications but for the Qutest it works an absolute treat. Just sits on top and when asked, nudges the input selector via the app. My legs are saved, energy conserved and potential heart attack brought ever so slightly forward. You could even get another to also control the filter. I wish Chord, who’s products I love (have the Mojo2 and Poly), had built this in… but hey ho, figured out a cost effective and (reasonably) elegant solution that solves the issue.

If one person benefits from this post, job done! :)

Hope to be posting on all posts soon enough

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back