Remind me never to order from Mouser or Newark again
Jul 10, 2002 at 10:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

fyleow

500+ Head-Fier
Both my orders coming in this week were screwed up. Wanted to build my META42 this week too. Funny since Tangent's order was placed last and it arrived 2 weeks ago.
smily_headphones1.gif

Both of these companies don't show you shipping and tax before they charge you? What? And my package got bounced by UPS because they (Newark) didn't ship with my apt #, even though it was stated clearly on the invoice to ship to my apt #. No shipping confirmation by email and slow order confirmation. And how does Mouser get my last name wrong? I filled it in correctly otherwise they wouldn't be able to bill my CC and I checked my profile but the confirmation email spells it wrong. Thought these were automated? Filled in my apt# incorrectly and it was shipped back to sender argh, but that is my fault.

Digikey all the way, good service from them.

I'm just mad right now
frown.gif

Jul 10, 2002 at 11:07 PM Post #2 of 21
Well, I have orders from both Newark and Mouser (and Welborne, and everyone else
rolleyes.gif
) currently "in limbo", so we'll see if mine get here on time...

*checks email confirmation*
D'Oh! Mouser got my last name wrong... of course they just switched two letters, so it could be a typo of mine... And it's already shipped.

Newark got it right though... But haven't shipped yet.

Jul 10, 2002 at 11:55 PM Post #3 of 21
Newark NEVER gave me shipping confirmation. I only knew way after when they sent me a LETTER (physical letter!) that contained my invoice and I could track it.

I think Mouser's confirmation is done by hand. I checked my profile and I spelled it right. Doubt you spelled your own last name wrong, it wouldn't even clear CC if you did it wrong (assuming you paid by CC). NO problems with digikey though, and they even told me how much I had to pay BEFORE I paid it. That's service
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2002 at 1:47 AM Post #4 of 21
Well, I just got email shipping confirmation from Newark, too.

BTW, my order of preference for vendors is Digi-Key -> Newark -> Mouser, simply based on simplicity of part numbers. (Digi-Key's are actually related to the manufacturer's part number, Newark's are shortest, and Mouser's usually don't make any sense at all and are variable length but usually quite long.)

Also Newark ships components in these cool little boxes...

Jul 11, 2002 at 2:23 AM Post #5 of 21
I recently placed an order from Digi-key (standard UPS shipping) and received it at my home 18 hours later. I ordered it around 2PM and it was signed out to UPS by 4 PM with the tracking # in my email. Was on my doorstep the next morning. Amazing.

I live in Wisconsin and I think that they are in Northwestern MN (about a 5-6 hour drive) and it is probably a fairly direct UPS route but still that is awesome service. I will always buy from them if they have what I need (unfortunately you can never find everything at one place).

Jul 11, 2002 at 2:48 AM Post #7 of 21
I have ordered from Mouser numerous times without waiting longer than 10 days (granted, I chose ground shipping). Overall I'm quite happy with them.

Jul 11, 2002 at 3:00 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
Real men never ship ground
biggrin.gif

ahhah. What do you ship?

How is the processing time?
(not sure if it applies) but I've ordered 2 hard drives from CompUSA online almost two weeks ago and they still haven't processed my order yet.
frown.gif
I had it shppped for 2nd day too!

Jul 11, 2002 at 3:27 AM Post #11 of 21
All 3 companies process and ship sameday if you order early. I don't know about the others but Digikey says 7 central (I have the catalog here, just checked). The thing is though Digikey didn't charge me tax and the others did. I live in California and the other companies are nowhere near. Digikey didn't make dumb mistakes either and they notify you quickly. Oh and you know how much you pay before you hit the checkout button, which is always a plus...

Jul 11, 2002 at 4:21 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

...Digikey didn't charge me tax and the others did. I live in California and the other companies are nowhere near.

I think that maybe because they may have reps in calif.(?) Newark for sure.

We can only hope someone at Mouser and Newark is monitoring this thread. (Though my recent orders from Newark/Mouser went off ok.)

Too bad Digikey doesn't carry everything us diyer's need. Go Digikey!

Jul 11, 2002 at 4:45 PM Post #13 of 21
My two cents on the matters..

I've never had a problem with Mouser. They always ship my stuff on the same day and without fail I get it two days later. The same with Digi-key. Yesterday I actually got a package overnight even though it was shipped standard UPS ground. _That's service._

I've never ordered from Newark but I have from Welborne. The second time I ordered from Welborne, two boxes were swapped and I received the wrong parts. However, Ron was very kind and promptly shipped me replacement parts and I had them within two days. Ron has some great deals on resistors and solid silver wire right now...

For tube gear and other 'boutique' stuff, I can't recommend Angela Instruments enough. Without fail they get stuff out quickly and have some great deals during the summer to boot.

Also, I am in no way affiliated with any of the above outfits other than being a customer
smily_headphones1.gif

-b

Jul 12, 2002 at 6:49 AM Post #14 of 21
I ordered some transistors from mouser.com for doz headphone amplifier on thursday and it got shipped the following monday, via ups ground. I got email confirmation with a tracking number and all that. I do have to agree about them not showing your total amount after tax and s/h though.

Jul 12, 2002 at 2:03 PM Post #15 of 21
I just received my latest order from Mouser. I ordered 5 enclosures....they shipped me and charged me for 15.

Also sent was my re-order of some Serpacs. They originally sent me AA cases when I had ordered 9v. I called, they apologized, gave me a return authorization number, and told me they would send the correct ones out via UPS 3-day. They arrived.....AA cases again.

rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back