remembrance of 9/11
Sep 12, 2002 at 5:44 AM Post #76 of 85
fredpb: You don't need to (re-)explain your points to me - I'm not arguing, as my knowledge base is far too small to build a valid personal opionion on. I was just trying to pass along some information and impressions I gathered, which could provide you and others with some more insight to other opinions...

Greetings from San Jose!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: I don't really think it plays a role where the money has been funneled through. Bankers will make money wherever they can find it anyway. (And, yup, that is a personal opinion... well... actually a prejudice... or an experience?
wink.gif
)

Sep 12, 2002 at 6:00 AM Post #77 of 85
Quote:

Originally posted by lini
fredpb: You don't need to (re-)explain your points to me - I'm not arguing, as my knowledge base is far too small to build a valid personal opionion on. I was just trying to pass along some information and impressions I gathered, which could provide you and others with some more insight to other opinions...

Greetings from San Jose!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: I don't really think it plays a role where the money has been funneled through. Bankers will make money wherever they can find it anyway. (And, yup, that is a personal opinion... well... actually a prejudice... or an experience?
wink.gif
))

Sweet talking! Other opinions????? I am quite aware of other opinions. You can have them, and obviously, mine are not always popular across the pond. I looked at that website.
I am aware of many, well, opinions, of LBJ, and Roosevelt, etc.
I put nothing past anyone in power, anywhere.

When I heard that Bush created the "Department of Internal Security" or something like that with a governor as appointed head, my mind jumped immediately to "KGB in America"! Please gimme a break!

I would ask "opinions" of the 3000 dead, but I can't. I could ask the opinions of the thousands that made it "out", or the relatives and friends of the dead. How about their opinion? Of course we have the opinions of the hijackers, their actions. They are and look evil. I actually saw some of them "live" in my local gym in SE Florida. I remember one, who was not among those in the ill fated planes, and he was the most evil looking of the lot. Even before 9/11, this guy and I stared at each other from across the gym floor. He was friggin' evil.

Other opinions? Hey! How about the people of Kuwait????
Nah, their biased, right?

Wait! How about the Iraqi Kurds? Nah, their biased, they have had their babies gassed by Saddam. Can't ask their opinion.

How about Muslim women in the Islamic countries? Nah, their biased, they are treated, well, not too well.

How about the kids in Muslim lands going to schools financed by the Saudi's, leaning to hate the west and sacrifice themselves. Nah, they have been brainwashed.

This is getting old. It's fun. But old. I am sure you get my opinion now. Of course, I could fall back on the old saying "I have not enough information to form a precise opinion". But if I did that, I would be claiming total ignorance of the real world.
That, well, I ain't no pacifist liberal blah blah blah.
tongue.gif

Sep 12, 2002 at 6:39 AM Post #78 of 85
fredpb: I've only just read your last post above my last one. Actually, it seems to me that you're taking facts out of their context. For example, the U.S. and European support for Iraq came from the time when the U.S. thought that the Iran (after the change of regimes) was their main enemy in the area. In addition, I don't think your picking on Europe and especially Germany is justified. German soldiers have actually helped in the U.S. war against Afghanistan (as have other European nations' soldiers, too). But with statements like yours, the U.S. could eventually stand alone soon, indeed. Provocations and generalizations like yours won't help answering European questions or clear away European qualms - these will only piss Europeans off thoroughly. In other words: Your statements are low - about the same level as would be calling all U.S. citizens murderers, "because of what you've done to the native American-Indian population".

And I've also read your last statements above this one, which I agian won't take personal - sorry. All I can add here is: If you're so keen on a war, go and fight the Iraqis yourself. Then you can prove you're not a coward yourself - to whoever might be interested. I'm not anymore. Sorry again.

Greetings from San Jose!

Manfred / Lini

Sep 12, 2002 at 6:46 AM Post #79 of 85
I have already served, during the Vietnam War.

Can't go there now, as I am a veteran, and disabled.

Hey Lini! What have you done for your country or NATO?

Since you have whined again, if you don't like my comments, tough. When Germany said that the USA may not use German airspace, even for medical evacs to the hospitals in Germany, well, can you guess what I think of that???????

Armchair pacifists are fun!!!!!!

Oh yeah, you should re read my last post or two, you will see I mention the European military. I have no problem with THEM.

I am going to piss Europeans off???? Then give me something not to talk about? Support your treaties.

redface.gif

Sep 12, 2002 at 6:53 AM Post #80 of 85
[size=small]Oh boy!!!! Now I know what the moderators can tag me with next to my avatar![/size]

[size=medium]THE RABID PATRIOT[/size]

rolleyes.gif

Sep 12, 2002 at 6:55 AM Post #81 of 85
fredpb: Sorry, but I won't answer to your last provocations in this thread anymore. It would be disrespectful in this rememberance thread to the victims of 9/11, which I also feel sorry for. But if you want, I can give you an answer by pm - though I probably won't be able to reach your level.

Greetings from San Jose!

Manfred / lini

Sep 12, 2002 at 11:30 AM Post #82 of 85
Quote:

Originally posted by lini
fredpb: Sorry, but I won't answer to your last provocations in this thread anymore. It would be disrespectful in this rememberance thread to the victims of 9/11, which I also feel sorry for. But if you want, I can give you an answer by pm - though I probably won't be able to reach your level.

Greetings from San Jose!

Manfred / lini

Well said lini.

Sep 13, 2002 at 7:09 AM Post #83 of 85
[size=small]Well. If I have offended anyone, let me offer my apologies.[/size]

This became a flaming thread after I reacted to a comment made by someone about my first comment. It was a discourse of information. And exchange of ideas, and heated opinions.
It downgraded into personal attacks at the end.

Another thread opened because Taffyguy was not happy about the way things went here. 20 different posters in this thread. Over 80 posts, and over 1000 viewings. THIS THREAD WAS READ WITH INTEREST BY MANY HUNDREDS. A good old fashion argument. That is all it was.

On my side, there was no hate towards anyone, that some in the other thread have accused. Just my anger and heated opinion.

Emotions are high in this topic. What happened a year ago, what has happened since, and what must happen concerning Iraq and its reaching for the power of ultimate destruction.

I remember Nostradomus. One of his quatrains was about a blue turbaned man starting a massive war. Nobody else seemed to notice, but many of the paintings of Saddam on damaged buildings after the Desert Storm war showed Sadam with a blue turban? Coincidence? That is one reason I am firmly for controlling Saddam, to prevent war and the spread of death all over the world.

I enjoyed my years in Europe and Britain (two separate entities, in my mind). Europe are our cousins, and Britain is our parent, as far as I am concerned.

So again, if I have offended anyone, I do apologize. Anger was expressed, but not hate. And some frustration. And worry.
I used to work for a classified government agency many years ago, and know that a lot you don't hear about goes on in the world. That is why I feel now we are in a very dangerous situation in our world.

I also fly off the hook occasionally. I do not want to admit it really, but I do suffer from mental (brain dysfunction, not emotional) illness. You name it, I have it. My brain is fried. I do take many many medications and have to live with it. Bad genetics and some stress to bring it on. I am also worried about some tests I am having done, as I have heart problems. But I will not moan about things much. Just understand that I sometimes go off the handle and flame a bit. No hatred or hurt is intended.

I also understand younger generations than me do not really have the same outlook as someone with my background. I hope you never have to have my background. I don't wish my past problems on anyone. Good health and luck to you all.

Fred

Sep 13, 2002 at 7:46 AM Post #84 of 85
Fred: As far as I'm concerned - no worries. You may or may have not gotten me or my intentions wrong, but actually I'm fairly sure, that if we met each other personally and exchanged our opinions on the whole, we would at least respect and maybe even like each other...

And in case I had offended anyone (else), too, I'd also like to apologize.

Still some more last greetings from San Jose for this time!
wink.gif

Manfred / lini

Sep 13, 2002 at 9:08 AM Post #85 of 85
There are so many misconceptions in internet discussion. My misconception was, that after I had read your threads, I came to the conclusion that you are narrowminded and dismissive of other's oppinions to the bitter end.

After your last thread I now accept your oppinion, but I also respect it. Strangely, your oppinion even seems less wrong when it is not shouted out loud..? It seems there could be a lesson to be learned here....

Anyway, no bad feelings from me.

Best wishes,
Kristian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back