Remember how annoyed I made you?
Jan 29, 2003 at 6:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Xander

The XanMan is back!
Now I can do it all over again!

Just figured I'd say hi, seeing as how I havent been here in a while. Life sortof took over, and still has a good grip. :)

I'm going to be selling all of my equipment shortly, too. Some rediculous deals to be had. See. A complimentary yard sale for my re-arrival.. Or something!

I havent checked around in while.. Neruda and Kwkarth still around? K401/501s still being ostracized?

Jan 29, 2003 at 3:00 PM Post #2 of 11
Welcome back Xander. I returned myself recently. ("Just when I though I was out...they pulled me back in!"). Come to think of it, I haven't seen Neruda nor Kwkarth since my return three months ago.

Jan 29, 2003 at 3:03 PM Post #3 of 11
Nah I haven't seem them for ages either! The AKGs got some good rep recently I think?
smily_headphones1.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 29, 2003 at 3:22 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by chadbang
Welcome back Xander. I returned myself recently. ("Just when I though I was out...they pulled me back in!"). Come to think of it, I haven't seen Neruda nor Kwkarth since my return three months ago.

Neruda's been around... last post was 1-10-2003...

but since I've been here, I don't recognize Kwkarth... but he was last here 12-21-2002, posting in,... of all threads ... "Happy 18th Neruda"
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2003 at 12:17 AM Post #5 of 11
yeah, well, I haven't been posting a lot, even though my last post is relatively recent. In fact, I'll have to thank moo for pointing this thread out to me in the first place.

I guess that college has made me lose most of my interest in headphones. The irony is that it wasn't until I went to college that I finally got a "complete" headphone rig: I now have good headphones, a good amp, a good source, and good cables all at the same time. But my interest really isn't there; I have no enthusiasm in talking about headphones, except with kwkarth, moo, and budgie. (By the way vwap, it's no coincidence that the thread kwkarth posted in was related to me; he and I are good friends, and we actually met through head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif
.) I think the big arguments over AKG and Sennheiser burned me out. I have AKGs, I like AKGs, and whatever headphone preferences other people have are fine with me. If other people listen to AKGs and like them then I'm happy for them, but I'm not going to waste any more time trying to get people who, like me, have found the headphones they like to start listening to the headphones I like for any reason. I've found it to be a sterile, and ultimately futile, excercise of the mind. (NOTE: I do not think that head-fi overall, or any audio forum, it sterile and futile! Only arguing about headphones.) The other reason I liked head-fi was because I enjoyed researching and learning about headphones, but again, I think I've exhausted my interest in this piece of the audio world. Plus, I can't really justify spending all that much more on a hobby that is by its very nature lethargic, excepting of course the portable audio world.
wink.gif
I'd rather not spend so much time in front of my computer or just in my room, since I do enough of that when I'm studying or reading. I feel that my money should be going to more active hobbies, particularly backpacking and hiking gear since that's something I want to get more involved in.

Right now, since I've already gone so long without participating actively on head-fi (this is definitely the longest period I've been inactive when I had complete access to a computer and the internet; any other time I didn't post for a week or more, it was because I didn't have internet access for one reason or another), I doubt I'll ever become fully active again. I should probably resign from my position as moderator, and let Jude replace me with a more active member. I'll leave it up to him.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2003 at 6:44 AM Post #7 of 11
"I think I've exhausted my interest in this piece of the audio world"

I'm in the same boat.

I have to say the main reason I came here was to sell off all of my headphone crap. The only cans I'm keeping are my 7506's, just so I can listen to music when I want. Life is just sortof taking over, and this hobby seems less and less important to me with each day that goes buy. I spend more on sketching paper and pencils now, than i do on CDs or headphonie things..

Jan 30, 2003 at 5:45 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Xander
"I think I've exhausted my interest in this piece of the audio world"

I'm in the same boat.

I have to say the main reason I came here was to sell off all of my headphone crap. The only cans I'm keeping are my 7506's, just so I can listen to music when I want. Life is just sortof taking over, and this hobby seems less and less important to me with each day that goes buy. I spend more on sketching paper and pencils now, than i do on CDs or headphonie things..

Well, sooner or later life has to take over.
frown.gif

I'm glad that you have something good to say about the (Sony) 7506's, Xander. Their 'consumer' sibling, the MDR-V6's, are the first pair of 'good' headphones that I've ever bought (until I sold them to dokebi here on Head-Fi's For Sale/Trade forum, since my recent purchase of the MDR-7506's rendered the V6 redundant).

And I remember one of the signatures you had used:

Quote:

"Eeeeew, they sound like crap!" - Xander "Dude, you have the freakin' Mega Bass button off." - V600 Owner.

Jan 30, 2003 at 6:10 PM Post #10 of 11
I still laugh at that.

They really are a decent pair of cans, though. And oddly enough, or rather not oddly enough, the sound changes severely with a good amp. Even the little portable cmoy i built shows big changes. Less harsh upper frequencies, more solid and defined bass, midrange even comes to life a bit, though not much. Theyre the only headphone I had that sortof worked with almost everything, hence being the ones I'm keeping.

Jan 30, 2003 at 6:15 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Xander
I still laugh at that.

That refers to the line about the V600's. And I agree with you that the V600 is nowhere near the same caliber of headphones as the 7506, even though at stores near where I live at, both sell for nearly the same price as each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back