Remarkable public domain recording of the Bach Partitas
Oct 8, 2010 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

calaf

1000+ Head-Fier
a few weeks ago I was reading on Fanfare a feature article about Gianluca Luisi, a young Italian pianist who may be the best Bach pianist you have never heard of.

Googling around I found on archive.org a number of recordings he did for the onclassical.com label. While I type I am listening to his recording of Partita no 3 (http://www.archive.org/details/AOC12B) and comparing it blow-by-blow to my "reference" recording of the Partitas (Goode on Nonesuch) and all I can think is wow! What textures, what lightness of touch, what technique!

Since we are on the subject what is your favourite recording of the Bach Partitas?

Oct 11, 2010 at 4:45 AM Post #2 of 3
Awesome, thanks very much!!!  Archive.org is GOLD

This will be the first recording of these particular pieces I have and so far I am very impressed.  A shame it's only 64kbps (although it's a clever method to promote the recording), but the quality of the recording renders this largely unimportant to the average punter (like me!).

For the Sonatas and Partitas for Solo Violin, I enjoy listening to the recording by Richard Tognetti.  As always with Bach, there are themes shared among other works throughout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back