RELOADED!!!
May 18, 2003 at 10:23 PM Post #61 of 79
andrezj,

This is what I think. I think that he didn't necessarily mean immediately, but that if he chose to take that door it would be inevitable that everyone in the Matrix would die. Maybe that's it?

May 18, 2003 at 10:23 PM Post #62 of 79
andrezj,

This is what I think. I think that he didn't necessarily mean immediately, but that if he chose to take that door it would be inevitable that everyone in the Matrix would die. Maybe that's it?

May 18, 2003 at 10:24 PM Post #63 of 79
andrzejpw,

that's what the third movie will prove. in 3 hours, of course.

i think that the architect was saying that the ultimate outcome would be that the human race dies out. what will die? their utopia. but the architect hasn't thought of the obvious: what if you can wake all the people up and remove them from the incubators before the AI creatures are destroyed? If there were 6 NEos before, what were their choices? Neo is betting that they all chose the other door. and if they did, then nothing has changed. he will choose the other door, and if it ended up the same as before then he expects to change the outcome this time around. either way he chooses love. and love can not be quantified, and is most unpredictable when survival is assuredly nil.

Sentral Dogma,

makes you think how mankind could possibly have started in the first place, doesn't it? no one is bothered that different blood types are being pumped in? or is it that everyone in the future is type O, RH negative?
biggrin.gif
what then is the silver substance? bet you Zion has a whole warehouse of frozen embryos.

i think that the whole premise of the Matrix is that all our "learning" is but habitually teaching and mind-thinking molding. it is just presenting a view where everyone should start doing their own thinking and go beyond and contemplate other realities of existance.

Bet you the French love the movie. After all, they love Jerry Lewis.

May 18, 2003 at 10:40 PM Post #64 of 79
wait, still a bit confused. What did Neo destroy in that building as he was flying out? If he destroyed the central "mainframe" of the matrix, wouldn't that mean that ALL the sentinels, ALL the robots, EVERYTHING would be immediatly shut off?

May 18, 2003 at 10:54 PM Post #65 of 79
Quote:

i think that the whole premise of the Matrix is that all our "learning" is but habitually teaching and mind-thinking molding. it is just presenting a view where everyone should start doing their own thinking and go beyond and contemplate other realities of existance.

word.

i am absolutely blown away when i think about the possibilities of the nature of reality. BTW, wallijohn, you think we could have had this conversation, 6, 7, hundreds, thousands, or millions of times before? are we the first "universe" to exist? are we the only universe to exist? if not, does it happen the same way everytime? do we get to make a different choice each time?

Do i like Kit Kats? YES!

May 19, 2003 at 1:41 AM Post #67 of 79
Rus,

It was said in reloaded that all the agents and what not are upgrades, therefore stronger, harder to fight, and more dificult to defeat. That's why Neo and others had a more difficult time.
Pesonally, I really liked the movie, but com on guys, don't get all scientific and technical with the movie. You can dis the movie all you want, that's fine, but judge it for what it is...a sci-fi flick. Of course it's not going to be like reality...it's a movie.

May 19, 2003 at 2:47 AM Post #68 of 79
Quote:

If he destroyed the central "mainframe" of the matrix...

IF. i say that the reason it was not destroyed is because it was destroyed within the Matrix.

While human consciousnesses are linked together by a software program which makes them dream that what they are dreaming is reality, the software program itself can not be contained within a portion of that un-reality.

the Matrix software itself is running in a protected process within the kernel. such a devestating catastrophe would just cause the process to be swapped out and a new process swapped in (reloaded).

the humans have to attack the AI Mainframe itself. it can not be indirectly attacked because it is neither software nor hardware. it is firmware. and as such it must be attacked at the firmware microcode level. the actual, physical hardware has to be destroyed.

the mainframe is what links all the conciousnesses together. the program which is being fed to the humans is the Matrix program itself, where distributed computing is being used to maintain the construct.

if the building was destroyed, and if the Matrix was destroyed, then all of "dream-reality" would have gone out like a light switch being thrown. The fact that other parts of the city did not disappear says that the mainframe is continuing to function. everyone would have gone into a coma at the same time.

if a human gets hurt when he is hurt in the Matrix, then why don't the people who have nightmares die? or would one then suppose that it's only the interface between the liberated humans which amplifies the pain and makes it manifest in a physical plane? or is it the pain only caused by the Smiths-like software programs (sub-routines and trace programs) the only ones which can cause harm?

remember, the red pill is a trace program. it irradicates the main program from one's unconciousness. why then not feed everyone the red pill? if it is a trace program, why not elevate it to the status of a virus? (the silver is expelled).

guess no one has nightmares in the Matrix. in our dream state it is the subconscious which protects the body. guess no one has a subconscious in the Matrix. they're all in comas in their cocoons.

<I was just watching the "13th Floor" on the SciFi channel. today is dreaming and virtual reality day. nice tie-in, don't you think?>

May 19, 2003 at 3:03 AM Post #69 of 79
Quote:

Originally posted by zeplin
... come on guys, don't get all scientific and technical with the movie. Of course it's not going to be like reality...it's a movie.

You mean you would rather discuss the merits of "Star Wars" and "Lord of the Rings"? Or would you rather discuss how conciousness gets fooled by bits of light on a movie screen or bits of data on CD ROMs? I'm hoping for the latter.
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 19, 2003 at 3:26 AM Post #72 of 79
andrzejpw,

if the Matrix mainframe had been destroyed, and everyone were freed from their comas, wouldn't they all die before they awoke? if the mainframe were destroyed, and all reality was destroyed with it, wouldn't Trinity, Morpheus and Neo all die, since their conciousness was trapped within the Matrix construct? so how did Trinity and Morpheus get out? would not Neo have to substitute a reality for the now missing Matrix reality in the minds of all men and women? he can't sustain them, as it is the mainframe which is feeding the humans intravenously.

if Neo is lucid while dreaming, why didn't he teach this principle to all the people at Zion? (even lucid dreaming can be fooled by the mind).

so why is Neo in a coma? because he believes that he saved Zion and destroyed the Matrix Mainframe. he has been captured by the reality of the Matrix. he is again dreaming. the trick will be waking him up from his coma. i say acupuncture.

hurry up and get here, "Terminator 3".

May 19, 2003 at 3:40 AM Post #74 of 79
I find the asimov take on it intresting. What if the machines were just keeping humans around because they were hardwired to. After all, they reprogrammed the first matrix because it was unpleasant.

May 19, 2003 at 3:50 AM Post #75 of 79
in my window "Here" was not underscored. so i thought Peter made a mistake. it wasn't untril Sentral Dogma alluded to the link that I went and put my pointer under all the words and presto, there's the link underscored.

Peter,

I liked it most when he said, "I saw the movie sitting next to a really cute girl."
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back