Released: Sleek Audio SA1 !!! *SA1 Discussion Thread*
Nov 24, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #92 of 140
Ordered mine this morning and they were shipped this morning, quite impressive. Actually...not as impressive as the $47 price point.
wink.gif

They should be here Friday.

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #94 of 140
Okay, now I see. There is a twitter offer of 40% off for the SA1 or any other Sleek product, using the code "andrewc"

Thanks for that tip. It still works, as I tried it about 15 minutes ago. It's a 24-hour special, I was told by the good folks at Sleek.

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #95 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, now I see. There is a twitter offer of 40% off for the SA1 or any other Sleek product, using the code "andrewc"

Thanks for that tip. It still works, as I tried it about 15 minutes ago. It's a 24-hour special, I was told by the good folks at Sleek.

Crap, I'm not getting it to work. Must have missed the 24-hour window.
frown.gif

This is when ordering directly from the sleek-audio.com site, correct?

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #97 of 140
Here's another example of Sleek's excellent customer service. I had ordered Monday, but got word of the discount late last night. When I went to the site this morning, the code still worked, but my SA1s are already on the way. I contacted Andrew, letting him know that I could reorder and return the originals, but Sleek was nice enough to honor the coupon discount (partial refund via paypal), since the code was still working as of this morning when I called Sleek. They do rank up there on the customer service front, no doubt about that.

Can't wait to give them a listen, compare them to the S4s. So far, I own two phones that retail for that $79 price, the S4 and the ADDIEM, and both are an excellent value in my view (even if I did pay $35 for the ADDIEM). Seems to be a magic number for this new breed of IEM. Hope the SA1 follows suit.

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #98 of 140
Whew, glad I missed this code. What a relief. I just got done paying for my SE530 Customs about 30 minutes ago. I dont think I would have been able to pass that up and it would have been against my much better judgment. This takes the pressure off lol now that it expired already.

Nov 25, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #100 of 140
Mine are out for delivery, and *should* be here anytime. Off work today, so nothing better to do than sit here waiting for the big brown truck and look forward to hearing their sound sig for the first time.

Hope they better the Image S4's.

Nov 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #101 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine are out for delivery, and *should* be here anytime. Off work today, so nothing better to do than sit here waiting for the big brown truck and look forward to hearing their sound sig for the first time.

Hope they better the Image S4's.

Oh great!! I can't wait to hear your impressions
biggrin.gif

I liked the SA6 too, but struggled a little with the bass quantity. I wanted more! Would be really interested to know how these match up with the S4 now that Sleek has also gone 'dynamic'
smile_phones.gif

Nov 25, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #102 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh great!! I can't wait to hear your impressions
biggrin.gif

I liked the SA6 too, but struggled a little with the bass quantity. I wanted more! Would be really interested to know how these match up with the S4 now that Sleek has also gone 'dynamic'
smile_phones.gif

Yeah, I'm hoping they make it today, because time's getting short!
confused.gif
I'll be sure to let you know how they sound. I have high hopes with having read they 'tuned' the dynamic driver. So hopefully some extra engineering/tuning will bring a very high quality driver to market. We know how bigger does not always mean better with dynamics!
evil_smiley.gif
Quality over quantity. Ha ha ha. Having listened to the Denon AH-NC600's, with their 13.5 mm driver, I was expecting wonderful bass extension and control, but they proved out to be much inferior to the C710's, as you know. I hope the SA1's show a quality sound from a smaller driver too.

I'll let you know.

Nov 25, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #103 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny stuff. How you liking the S9? I love mine, and just sent back the Sony X.

Love my S9. Been using it with claws and dnw's UCI's and its just the perfect player for me. It matches well with the SA6 and hopefully eventually these SA1.

Nov 26, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #104 of 140
Well I received them this evening, and am having my initial listen. First impression (and I know how burn in can help dynamic driver phones) is that of a pretty darn narrow soundstage, and rather anemic bass. The highs and mids are nice, without any hint of harshness or sibilance, but I cannot deal with the lack of bass as I hear it now. I know burn in can help, but it's not going to make up the huge difference I'd need to feel satisfied. They don't make nearly the first impression that the Klipsch Image S4's did for me.

Changing to the narrower opening black tubes (which I read are supposed to help with bass somewhat) isn't doing much to my ears, except perhaps making the mids sound a bit more chesty and congested.

I'll keep them burning in for a while, and update with further impressions soon.

Edit- Sitting here comparing them with the IE8, I'm finding the soundstage is already sounding a little better than how I put it up above. It's not the same massive, encompassing type as the Senns, but, not bad. They have the IE8's beat on mids and treble for sure though. I just wish that bass.......
frown.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #105 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smile_phones.gif

I don't have any problems with the bass on the SA6. Then again, I'm not exactly a bass head, and don't care as long as I can tell it's present but not to the point of overpowering everything. I'm also used to not being able to easily hear the bass in my orchestra because there's only one and I'm usually on the opposite end of the formation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back