Regrets?
Jan 8, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #16 of 23
The Sony MDR 7509HD was my regret. I immediately knew they weren't for me and that to me, they didn't sound as good as the 7506's. I sold them at a great loss.
frown.gif
Better than just having them sitting in a drawer collecting dust.

No other regrets that I can think of.

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #17 of 23
The portable amp I bought is a regret. Entirely underwhelming and it went directly into the drawer. Managed to unload it sometime later.

Then there was the K-701. Hated it, but kept it around awhile just to make sure.

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #19 of 23
Luckily, I have not regretted any of my purchases, but do regret selling HD650...

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:20 AM Post #20 of 23
I regret mostly not giving my purchases enough thought in the early years. Sometimes I would re-buy things after selling them, which is a fantastic way to waste your trust fund, if you've got one.

I also needed to look at the bigger picture. Say, I probably should've bought the TF10 and it woulda lasted for 3 years, instead of buying a pair of $100 phones each year because I assumed I have $100 as a reasonable, sane budget cap. They add up pretty fast!

If I have to be specific, everything I bought from Audio-Technica I regretted. They are far cheaper than Bose, but to me they're worth a lot less.

Amps are a nice thought, but I tend to feel that anything I would buy that's expensive enough, will sound nice on the most feeble of sources. That's part of their duty for costing so much
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #21 of 23
i regret buying my portable amp too

and, requesting an hd595 for a bday gift. i cant sell it now! lol

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #22 of 23
When I bought the K1000 I regret that I did not buy it earlier..
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #23 of 23
Haha nice one. For me, not much in the recent past really, Sennheiser HD465, the first full size headphones I bought were truly awful, the worst full size HP by them IMO, following that the AKG K81DJ was a dissapointment as well. Once I got the AT A700, things started getting better. Oh and the LDM+ wasnt really a stellar performer either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back