Regional Pizza Styles
Jan 31, 2008 at 9:22 AM Post #50 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thought some of you might find this pizza style list interesting [if down you may want to try the mirror]. I'm from Ohio, but never knew there was an Ohio Valley-style (though eaten many square pizzas). What's your fave?

For the SF Bay Area it has to be the legendary Zachery's for deep-dish and Amici's on the West Bay and Lanesplitters on the East Bay for NY-Style-fold-in-half-olive-oil-dripping-down-your-elboes-goodness. The Best California Pizza is at Pizzaiolo in Oaktown (of course it's organic).

Feb 8, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #51 of 52
DiGiorno's Garlic Bread pizza and their Ultimate something is by far the best frozen pizza I have ever had.

In terms of fresh pizza, I have never had NY style but I would love to give it a shot.

My favorite has to be Chicago style. Lou Malnati's takes it on this one, hands down.

When I went to the University of Iowa, there was this place called Wig & Pen which actually had really great Chicago style pizza. If there was one in Chicago, I would probably order it over Lou Malnati's every once in awhile.

In terms of other food, you can't beat a Mr. Beef Italian beef dipped. Or a Chicago style hot dog. Ahhh, I can't wait for baseball season to start so I can eat some hot dogs with grilled onions at Wrigley Field again.

Feb 8, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #52 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DiGiorno's Garlic Bread pizza and their Ultimate something is by far the best frozen pizza I have ever had.

In terms of fresh pizza, I have never had NY style but I would love to give it a shot.

My favorite has to be Chicago style. Lou Malnati's takes it on this one, hands down.

When I went to the University of Iowa, there was this place called Wig & Pen which actually had really great Chicago style pizza. If there was one in Chicago, I would probably order it over Lou Malnati's every once in awhile.

In terms of other food, you can't beat a Mr. Beef Italian beef dipped. Or a Chicago style hot dog. Ahhh, I can't wait for baseball season to start so I can eat some hot dogs with grilled onions at Wrigley Field again.

Mmmmm...Mr Beef, dipped, with sweet peppers and hot guardinera! As I said, this place keeps me sane: Welcome to BobbyG's Chicago Eatery
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back