Regional Pizza Styles
Jan 25, 2008 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
Thought some of you might find this pizza style list interesting [if down you may want to try the mirror]. I'm from Ohio, but never knew there was an Ohio Valley-style (though eaten many square pizzas). What's your fave?

Jan 25, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #2 of 52
I like thin crust type Pizzas. I grew up from the Ohio Valley area, so La Rosas is one of my favorites.
wink.gif

Since living in SoCal, I still prefer thin crust. California Pizza Kitchen type pizzas I like.

-Ed

Jan 25, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 52
New York/Brooklyn style. Absolutely requires that you buy it from the display, not made to order to get the full benefit. Thin sliced sausage and cheese, half cooked, then cooked to finish at time of order. Makes me miss riding the train home.

Jan 25, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #6 of 52
hmmm....

gosh....

lemme think....

Jan 25, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #7 of 52
I think each has its merits, but a couple of my favorites are:
1) Plain cheese pie at John's Pizzeria, NY. IMO, the best of the thin crust style.
2) "That's A Sarah's" at Nona Emilia's in Beaverton, OR. This thing has a super thick crust, two layers of cheese, with sausage, Canadian bacon, pepperoni, and pineapple. I pride myself on being able to consume copious amounts of pizza, and I can barely get through 4 slices of this thing. A must try if you make it out to Oregon.

Jan 25, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #8 of 52
theres nothing like a chicago style deep dish, or a chicago style thin crust for that matter. so much sausage, flakey, buttery chewy dough. my god im hungry

chicago pizza>any other pizza

Jan 25, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #10 of 52
I'm a south city rat from St. Louis. Love the Elicia's and Imo's pizza chains, Paul's and Mattingly's pizza (taverns). Thin crust all. Living in the Cin. Ohio area, LaRosa is the main chain but I just don't care too much for the sauce. So I make my own now. Jungle Jims is awesome for supplies.

Jan 26, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #12 of 52
I want it thin enough to give me a paper cut in-between my toes.

I want enough cheese on it to cover a hotel room:

hotelroom.jpg

I want pepperoni made to interlock, like this anti-fatigue flooring, so it can cover the pizza more efficiently.

51KobYtSZ8L._AA280_.jpg

Jan 26, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #13 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want it thin enough to give me a paper cut in-between my toes.

I want enough cheese on it to cover a hotel room:

hotelroom.jpg

I want pepperoni made to interlock, like this anti-fatigue flooring, so it can cover the pizza more efficiently.

51KobYtSZ8L._AA280_.jpg

Ooh, I always wondered what "New Orleans style" pizza was like. Other than wanting a little less cheese, I'd vote for it.
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #14 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by fat pat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
theres nothing like a chicago style deep dish, or a chicago style thin crust for that matter. so much sausage, flakey, buttery chewy dough. my god im hungry

chicago pizza>any other pizza

QFT

There's a place by me, Bobby G's Chicago Eatery, that serves the real thin-crust 'za as well as real chicago hot dogs, polish sausages, and Italian Beef.

I ate a Moz-beef, dipped, with hot gardenaro earlier today.

Comfort food, indeed.

Jan 26, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #15 of 52
Im used to actual new york pizza as well as the world famous Pepe's pizza in New Haven, CT (as well as Mystic Pizza of the movie fame), so now that I'm in Cincinnati I can't find what I consider pizza.

There is this strange tasting concoction involving bread and cheese and sauce though, but it doesn't taste quite right...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back