Rega P9 with Apheta Cartridge, Thoughts?
Aug 2, 2010 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

wudai_e

100+ Head-Fier
Hello gang,

The vinyl bug has hit me again and I'm looking for an upgradge, currently I'm eyeing the P9 and the Apheta Cartridge. If anyone here is using this combo please share your thoughts. 

I picked P9 simply because the set and go philosophy from Rega tables, I simply hate tweaking the table and wondering about the what ifs...

Also I'm pretty sure there are better cart out there for the price of Apheta, any suggestions?

Thanks.

Aug 2, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #2 of 2
P9 is a very good TT, in the same set and go philosophy try looking at Clearaudio TT's, I believe the built quality is superior to Rega, soundwise they are very distinct but both good. I prefer for Clearaudio as I was seduced by the absolute black noise floor, high dynamics, neutrality and pace. When I heard the P9 I thought it was super musical but in the warm side, it had a top shelter cartridge (i dont remember the model).

I havent heard the Apheta, but I read it isnt as resolving/detailed as others in its price range, again it gives the Rega warm house sound and superb musicality. I have been a Lyra lover for some time, so in that price range I would buy the Lyra Argo(i) without hesitation! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back