Rega P2 or the Pro-Ject Debut III TT?
Apr 29, 2010 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Uri Cohen

Formerly known as HyperDuel
Freak accident with my Kenwood TT today. My audio dealer was modding my Kenwood TT with some better RCA cable and when testing the cable in the huge listening room the whole shelf that the Kenwood was on feel apart. More or less I have two choices:

* Have my audio dealer replace the whole TT without me paying a dime.

* Or order a new turntable without paying the full pirce.

The Kenwood is alright, but honestly it was giving me problems that the platter was jumping like crazy, so I'm thinking of going with the new TT route (at least I'm not paying full price for it).

My choice is the Rega P2 or the Pro-Ject Debut III. My plan is getting my Grado Gold cartridge from the Kenwood and putting it on the new TT.

I saw both TTs today and here are some notes that I notice on both of them:

Rega P2:

Great tonearm
A little pricers but not paying full price still.
****ty RCA cable

and on the Pro-Ject Debut III:

Good tonearm
Cheaper.
Better RCA cable but still doesn't compare to my DH Labs White Lightnings.

I would like to get some comments on these two tables for feedback. I'm going to think about this for a couple of days before I can make up my mind.

May 4, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #2 of 4
here's a similar thread from a short while back that might provide a little insight as well...
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/reg...s-used-481968/

if i'm not mistaken, the pro-ject turntables are considered more easily upgradeable.
i know i've upgraded mine time and again. but, i have no experience with the rega, so i hesitate to say anything more...

good luck!

May 5, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #4 of 4
Well here is the news:

I'm not geting either tables, I'm getting a VPI Scout at dealer's cost because of all this mess.

And I'm not paying the full price at all.
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back