Rega Ear mute button
Mar 9, 2005 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lordgibbness

100+ Head-Fier
Just a quick question for Rega Ear owners. Is the mute button meant to light up at all? It looks like it should have an LED, but mine never comes on.
Cheers.

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:48 PM Post #2 of 9
Mine doesn´t light up, never.

My first post, BTW. And you are too late to apology for my wallet.

Mar 9, 2005 at 12:55 PM Post #3 of 9
Lol... Go figure.

I came to this forum looking to spend ~$50.

Two or so weeks later, I am already $297 less well off. And I am *still* staring at those amps
blink.gif

(Fortunately, not the SR-71... well, not staring at it -that- much)

Mar 9, 2005 at 2:35 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peksu
Mine doesn´t light up, never.

My first post, BTW. And you are too late to apology for my wallet.

Sorry about Off-topic, but aren't you selling your Rega Ear at www.huuto.net (A Finnish online auction site) atm?
Just bidded 100€
tongue.gif

Mar 9, 2005 at 4:00 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by redemption
Sorry about Off-topic, but aren't you selling your Rega Ear at www.huuto.net (A Finnish online auction site) atm?
Just bidded 100€
tongue.gif

Yes, that´s me.
biggrin.gif

I´m upgrading to Eddie Current HD25, it was supposed to be ready today, but Craig Emailed me that it wont ship yet. I need some money to cover it, so Ear is for sale (I´m going to mis solid state, I use my rig with my computer all the time, lifetime of tubes is scary).

Edit: Come to think of it, maybe I should sell one kidney too.
wink.gif

Mar 17, 2005 at 9:12 AM Post #6 of 9
Is there a difference Peksu, in using that Mascot power supply for driving the Rega? I have a Mascot unit too, but it doesn't sound as good as the walwart that came with REar. I did have to connect a different plug into it and maybe that affected the sound?

Mar 17, 2005 at 9:44 AM Post #7 of 9
[OT] Nice too see more fellow countrymen on this forum. Welcome friends and don't spend too much while in here...
biggrin.gif
[/OT]

-McRat-

Mar 17, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by maarek99
Is there a difference Peksu, in using that Mascot power supply for driving the Rega? I have a Mascot unit too, but it doesn't sound as good as the walwart that came with REar. I did have to connect a different plug into it and maybe that affected the sound?

The difference was quite subtle, and I never did proper comparison between them, but I think it did added at leas some detail, and certainly didn't take anything away.

Sold it yesterday, BTW.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G
Peksu, how does the ear match with the HD 650? Is it an improvement over an inegrater surround sound amp (denon avr 2105)?

Ian

I didn´t have much to compare it with, but I think it matched well. I didn't learn to enjoy its sound much as I wanted before Mobius-cable-upgrade, it lacked musicality. Not that I couldn't enjoy it, it was very good amp in all ways, I just wanted more fun to it. Usually people think it's very musical, not Hi-Fi-like at all(?), but I don't feel exactly that way.

(I have to try some hi-end Grados some day.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back