Refusing Free SkullCandy
Jul 27, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #31 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since when is Head-Fi the place to get advice on how to get lucky?

OP, just take two for the team and take em. Once you get home, break the flimsy-est part of them and tell her they broke and go along on your merry way.

Some people just dio not have a sense of humor on here

Jul 27, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #32 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by salannelson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some people just dio not have a sense of humor on here

Indeed.

Jul 27, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #33 of 58
Quote:

You're welcome to try them, but coming from something like the PX100 you will be really dissapointed. You can always get a pair and return 'em, as SC's are available at many retail stores.

I don't really want to try them as they don't appeal to me at all, but if they're free, what the heck.

Jul 27, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #34 of 58
shoot....................I guess I have to admit I just purchased a black pair of inkeds. Love them, Ha Ha

Jul 27, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #35 of 58
that reminds me, i got a pair of ink'ds for selling back my textbooks. Haven't listened to them, but maybe I should have scowled my face at the store owner and told him to listen to my grados and to offer those for free instead.

Jul 27, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #36 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcarmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shoot....................I guess I have to admit I just purchased a black pair of inkeds. Love them, Ha Ha

"The power of Christ compels you!"

Jul 27, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #37 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhashenglong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
08scheadph.jpg

Just replace the drivers with something you like and enjoy the weird looking fashion cans before they go out of fashion.

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #38 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just replace the drivers with something you like and enjoy the weird looking fashion cans before they go out of fashion.

They went out of fashion in the 80's when sammy joined.
tongue.gif

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #39 of 58
LOL @ this thread. Since when is free stuff a problem? Not like you have to listen to them. BTW my girlfriend told me this morning that my audiophilia was one of my "manly hobbies." Some women actually like a guy who is passionate about his interests...

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #40 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvrboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL @ this thread. Since when is free stuff a problem? Not like you have to listen to them. BTW my girlfriend told me this morning that my audiophilia was one of my "manly hobbies." Some women actually like a guy who is passionate about his interests...

Yeah I can second that. Being passionate about something is usually a plus in womens' eyes (usually - not always; some things are not tolerated so well). I don't suppose you actually drive a TVR? Cause if you do, no further proof of manliness necessary
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #41 of 58
Quote:

I know right? I can't stand the ppl on here that despise SC and bose so much that they won't even accept them for free. Ugh drives me mad.

Your gf is awesome she actually tolerates the audiophile thing?

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #42 of 58
@ ljokerl: I wish I drove a TVR. Unfortunately I live in the USA where they aren't legal and Nikolai Smolenski drove the company into administration anyway. So it's gotta be a Caterham for me unless I move to Europe....

@ sanellson: Yeah she's awesome. She doesn't understand it at all but she thinks it's cool that I get so into my hobbies. I think most women wouldn't mind audiophiles at all ... everybody likes music. But the proselytizing type of audiophile may come off a little dorky.

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #43 of 58
Well I have a free pair of bose that I don't use either. I tried to replace the SC drivers but they seem to be seriously glued in to some rather soft plastic. As for not taking the other pair, I mean come on its Head Fi. I have cans all over my apartment, I don't want to end up like ourfpshero just giving them away for shipping cost to make room for more... headphones! Yeah, we are mildly obsessed.

Jul 27, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #44 of 58
I'll take them!
biggrin.gif
None of my headphones would be considered portable AND comfy. It's one or the other and I'm too cheap to buy something else.

Anyways, you really should've taken them just to show gratitude...

Jul 28, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #45 of 58
Quote:

... everybody likes music. But the proselytizing type of audiophile may come off a little dorky.

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhashenglong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I have a free pair of bose that I don't use either. I tried to replace the SC drivers but they seem to be seriously glued in to some rather soft plastic. As for not taking the other pair, I mean come on its Head Fi. I have cans all over my apartment, I don't want to end up like ourfpshero just giving them away for shipping cost to make room for more... headphones! Yeah, we are mildly obsessed.

There, fixed that for both of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back