Refurbished Sony SCD-CE595 SACD/CD changer for $90.00 shipped
Oct 24, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #167 of 353
Quote:

Originally Posted by Driftwood
Fair enough!

Then again, why would you spend $1000 on a DAC to be driven by a $60 transport? The poor CD player is going to have a personality complex!

Driftwood

Well the sony is currently being put in its place by the 70lb amp sitting on top of it so I dont think its in the position to do much complaining.

Oct 25, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #168 of 353
Quote:

Originally Posted by Driftwood
Yeah, I had doubts about shop.com/ecost.com, it didn't help that I don't really understand what their business relationship is with each other or that the shop.com site is horrible to navigate, etc.

In the end, I didn't want to pay twice as much to get it elsewhere, and besides I could have always complained to my credit card company if I never received anything...

However, in the end I was pleasantly surprised, their order and shipping confirmations came quickly and like I mentioned above, I received the unit two days after I ordered it (it was shipped from Tennessee and I live in Maryland).

The only thing that makes me wonder about the SCD-CE595 is that there are so many refurbished units on the market... seems like there must have been some quality control problems... however, for $60 if it breaks, who cares?

Any scratches or anything since it's a refurb unit?

Oct 25, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #170 of 353
I just ordered one. Thanks for the link Driftwood!

Order it now if you want one. The shipping is still free right now. My total shipped cost was $59.99.

Not too bad at all.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Oct 26, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #171 of 353
I just ordered one too, and can confirm the free shipping. The site says free shipping until 10/31, so still a few more days. I'll let you know when it comes in, but it's going to my parent's house (ya know, the whole college thing), so I won't know what condition it's in or how nice it sounds for a little while. Oh yeah, the fact that I don't have an amp yet doesn't help either
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #173 of 353
Quote:

Originally Posted by wax4213
Oh yeah, the fact that I don't have an amp yet doesn't help either
biggrin.gif

I don't either yet. I'm guessing this thing doesn't have a headphone out jack. Oh well, I'm getting an amp soon enough.

What interconnects do I need to go from this to an amp?

Oct 26, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #174 of 353
Quote:

Question is, if you're using it for SACD how can you use it as just a transport? I thought SACD only output to analog

You can't, unless you are using the CD layer of a hybrid SACD. The only SACD players that I know of that have digital output for SACDs are the dCS Verdi, the Accuphase DP-100 and Sony DVP-NS9100ES (Which calls this feature i.Link).

Quote:

What interconnects do I need to go from this to an amp?

It has a toslink digital output for redbook and RCA jacks for stereo/5.1.

Driftwood

Nov 1, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #179 of 353
Just got mine in. Ordered mine with next day shipping on sunday and it indeed got here quick, one business day to Hawai'i. I was skeptic of ecost but they came through. The player is in mint conditon and hopefully won't give me any operational problems.

Nov 2, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #180 of 353
Just ordered mine now, just sitting around when I see this 60 dollar thing pop up...Im sorry wallet its just toooooooo tempting...
hope it gets here soon now

hooweee, its been awhile since I posted
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back