Refurbished Creative Zen Micro: 5GB $39.99 & 6GB $49.99
Nov 5, 2007 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

mrarroyo

Headphoneus Supremus
As stated in the title you can find them at: http://us.creative.com/products/prod...sduidp0t646316

I have been thinking of getting an alternative to my iPod for those days I want to go light. Thought of a new Nano but for $49.99 the 6GB Zen Micro looks like a good deal.

For those who own one, how good a player is this? Is the headphone out of high quality? Thanks.

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 15
I own one. It's crap. The battery lasts about 15 minutes.

Nov 6, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 15
Sorry I was in a rush. Could've explained better I guess. It's apparently a problem with the firmware. I tried upgrading the firmware when I first used mine; It helped, but then it had all kinds of other problems.

Nov 6, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #5 of 15
I had one for a couple of years before I left in on an airplane. I liked it a lot, and thought the HO was quite good. Without having both in hand to A/B, my memory is that it was as good as the 6G ipod HO, although different sounding. As reproted in a number of threads a couple of years ago, the Zen Micro has good synergy with grados -- I used my SR-80s happily around the house.

Nov 6, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #6 of 15
I am with Anarchy on this one. The Zen Micro's are HORRIBLE MP3 players IMO. Go with the Zen Vision:M or higher.
wink.gif

Nov 6, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by htbyron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had one for a couple of years before I left in on an airplane. I liked it a lot, and thought the HO was quite good. Without having both in hand to A/B, my memory is that it was as good as the 6G ipod HO, although different sounding. As reproted in a number of threads a couple of years ago, the Zen Micro has good synergy with grados -- I used my SR-80s happily around the house.

Can you explain the synergy in detail? Added detail, bass?

Nov 6, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #8 of 15
I don't think that Zen Micro can add bass simply because it dosen't produce good bass. It almost dosen't have bass at all. But I like this player, though. It has quite detailed sound with good highs. Also, besides HDD spinning it hisses only a little.
Quote:

I have been thinking of getting an alternative to my iPod for those days I want to go light

Keep in mind that this is micro HDD based player, so he is quite heavy.

Nov 6, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think that Zen Micro can add bass simply because it dosen't produce good bass. It almost dosen't have bass at all. But I like this player, though. It has quite detailed sound with good highs. Also, besides HDD spinning it hisses only a little.

Keep in mind that this is micro HDD based player, so he is quite heavy.

I meant w/o an amp. My iPod has the iMod which means I must take an amp. However, based on the split comments I may have to pass on this deal.
frown.gif

Nov 7, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #11 of 15
I still regularly use my 2 year old Zen Micro.

Works great, sounds great with SR60s, drag and drop with Vista

I don't know why anyone's complaining, personal experience of course...

40 dollars is a steal.

Nov 7, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #13 of 15
I could never get passed the clunky UI on the Zen Micro. My second MP3 player was a Creative PJB, which too had a clunky UI, so I guess its just a trait of Creative. I haven't tried the latest Zen player to see if the interface is any better though.

Nov 7, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #14 of 15
Maybe Sansa, or Centon?

I got a Centon 1g player from where i work,a few days ago.
It runs on one AAA Battery,and doesnt need any software,,just drag and drop.
For a lousy $20,im happy with it.
The earbuds that came with it are bad,but i use a set of Phillips $14.99 buds i also got from work and the sound is good enough for the money,and im going to use it where i wouldnt take my Zune or Ipod, like fishing on a boat etc.

http://www.centon.com/pmp

They got a cheap video player also. Looks nice for the money which is again cheap.

Im not suggesting at all that these will sound as good as a Zune or Ipod, but its really not bad for what you pay,and if ya lose or break it,so what! Just buy another one. The battery is user replaceable and its light and small and easy to use. Great for working on the car,etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back