refund AIAIAI TMA-1's for Audio-Technica ATH-M50S?
Mar 24, 2012 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

aesthetics

New Head-Fier
hey guys, first post in the forums. so i just recently purchased a pair of TMA 1's, so far, its really not a bad headphone, but i just wished that it couldve done better, do you think it is a good idea to get my tma's refunded and purchase the ATH M50s? let me know guys

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #2 of 4
If you wear them out and about, I don't think it's such a good idea - the M50s are a bit plasticy, whereas the TMA1s I feel are seriously solid things.  I don't have a problem having them in my bag when I'm trying to stuff it into an overhead locker on a plane.  

If you're wearing them at home, I prefer the big ATs for being so comfy - I can wear my A500s for hours at a time.

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #3 of 4
well i dont really mind about comfortness, also i dont plan on wearing my headphones out, just home. im more into the sound quality produced, how does the ATs compare to the TMA 1s?

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
well i dont really mind about comfortness, also i dont plan on wearing my headphones out, just home. im more into the sound quality produced, how does the ATs compare to the TMA 1s?

TMA's have better mids, and are more neutral, however has a rolled-off treble. M50's have recessed mids, but much cleaner and emphasized treble. If you are a detail-junkie then M50's are better for you. If you are a tonality-junkie then TMA's are better HOWEVER there are better alternatives to TMA's also with neutral sound, i.e. Fischer FA 003.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back