Reference table for album art, tagging and lyrics support on the X3 and X5
May 8, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #16 of 58
No track support? (Track number)

I'm a bit surprised by this.

May 8, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #17 of 58
No track support? (Track number)

I'm a bit surprised by this.

I think that's just an omission from the table and that "track number" is supported, whereas "Discnumber" isn't, so a double album will play track1,1,2,2,3,3....

May 8, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #19 of 58
Is anyone else having problems with embedded art in MP3s?
The exact same jpg will show up in a FLAC file, but not in MP3
I've even converted the MP3 where it doesn't show to FLAC and it appears.

I thought initially that embedded art was not supported in MP3, but others say it works for them.

Any ideas as to why it's not working for me?

Edit: I've just converted FLAC with embedded art to mp3 and it shows up in X5 - completely confused now

May 8, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #20 of 58
  Is anyone else having problems with embedded art in MP3s?
The exact same jpg will show up in a FLAC file, but not in MP3
I've even converted the MP3 where it doesn't show to FLAC and it appears.

I thought initially that embedded art was not supported in MP3, but others say it works for them.

Any ideas as to why it's not working for me?

Edit: I've just converted FLAC with embedded art to mp3 and it shows up in X5 - completely confused now

You are treating them exactly the same in Mp3tag? My mp3s are fine, this is my order of doing things in Windows

1)   Right click on Album folder in Windows and choose Mp3tag
2)   Highlighting each file in the folder  by EDIT/SELECT ALL
3)   Select TAG SOURCES, choose Amazon.com etc
4)   Change album name if it is something like 'Greatest Hits' to include group or artist
5)    Select Album from list generated and click PREVIEW
6)    Right click on Cover on webpage and then close Results box by CANCEL (otherwise it alters other metadata rather than just cover)
7)    In Image box bottom of left panel, right-click and PASTE.
8)    FILE/SAVE TAG ensuring all tracks are still highlighted.

You may have been doing this (or similar) as your FLACS are working but just checking?

May 8, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #21 of 58
Embedded art problem solved

I now have it working in FLAC, MP3 and DSF

My Mp3tag settings were to write ID3v2 as ID3V2.4UTF-8 - changing this to ID3v2.3UTF-16 has fixed it...

Many thanks to all who responded and I hope this may help anyone experiencing similar problems.

Jun 5, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #22 of 58
We plan to add support for external album art covering a whole album's worth of tracks. If the X5 does not find an embedded album art or an external album art file with the same name as the track, it is planned to have it search for album art in the following order:
1. front.jpg
2. folder.jpg
3. cover.jpg
4. any other jpg it can find in the folder (first in alphabetical order).

Note: only jpegs will be supported for this kind of album art. Other limitations are the same as it was before for embedded art or same-name external art on the X5.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 5, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #24 of 58
We plan to add support for external album art covering a whole album's worth of tracks. If the X5 does not find an embedded album art or an external album art file with the same name as the track, it is planned to have it search for album art in the following order:
1. front.jpg
2. folder.jpg
3. cover.jpg

Note: only jpegs will be supported for this kind of album art. Other limitations are the same as it was before for embedded art or same-name external art on the X5.

Cool! Thanks for the info!

Jun 5, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #25 of 58
1. front.jpg
2. folder.jpg
3. cover.jpg

May I ask if this improvement will be included in the next FW update for X5's lovely little sister "X3", too?
popcorn.gif

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #26 of 58

1. front.jpg

2. folder.jpg

3. cover.jpg

May I ask if this improvement will be included in the next FW update for X5's lovely little sister "X3", too? :popcorn:

Should be :popcorn: the album art support for the X3 with version 3.0 firmware is the same as X5 with version 2.0 (added X3 to the title of this thread), and firmware for both will be developed in tandem in the future.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 9, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #28 of 58
Just asked this question in the X5 thread, before remembering this one.

Joe Bloggs in the current X5 firmware, the album art is made fit side to side, not top to bottom. This way you lose 1/8th of the images. Can this and/or will this be fixed?

Jun 9, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #29 of 58
Just asked this question in the X5 thread, before remembering this one.

Joe Bloggs in the current X5 firmware, the album art is made fit side to side, not top to bottom. This way you lose 1/8th of the images. Can this and/or will this be fixed?

At present is made to fit side to side in the X5 and top to bottom in the X3, which is the wrong way for both, if the aim is to display square album art in full

Swyped from my Gpad

Jun 9, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #30 of 58
At present is made to fit side to side in the X5 and top to bottom in the X3, which is the wrong way for both, if the aim is to display square album art in full

Swyped from my Gpad

so they'll change this in an update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back