Red Clous
Jan 1, 2002 at 1:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
Just got some Red Clous to try with my HD 600's. Headroom was out of the Blue ones. Well they sure are stiff. You can tell you are connected. My wife likes the red marble look plug, but hates the rest. As for the sound. I don't know yet. They sound good, but the stock cables sounded good too. I can always make a nice extension out of them. Red Clous, Santa Claus, Huh.

Lextek
tongue.gif

Happy New Year

Jan 1, 2002 at 1:58 AM Post #2 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
Well they sure are stiff.

Ain't that the truth! My biggest complaint about them.

Quote:

My wife likes the red marble look plug, but hates the rest.

What's that? Mine have a gold plug. Yours have a "red marble" plug? Weird.

Jan 1, 2002 at 3:23 AM Post #5 of 30
IMO the red Clous look cool beyond description, instant attention getter. I am surprised you don't immediately hear a very noticeable improvement in sound especially the deeper bass response was very significant to me I could never go back to the stock cable after trying Clou cable.......the stiffness is less comfortable but doesn't really bother me.

I find all cables require @100 hrs of play time to fully show thier sonic characteristics

Jan 1, 2002 at 4:17 AM Post #6 of 30
Like I said I had a different tube in and probaly listened for maybe 10 minutes while the family had the TV on. So, yes they sounded good, I just not sure how good yet. Keep the faith.

Lextek
biggrin.gif

Happy New Year

Jan 1, 2002 at 5:11 AM Post #7 of 30
I don't get why Sennheiser doesn't package beefier headphone cables for their top of the line cans. I mean, there shouldn't even be a need for an upgrade...

Jan 1, 2002 at 5:15 AM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
I don't get why Sennheiser doesn't package beefier headphone cables for their top of the line cans. I mean, there shouldn't even be a need for an upgrade...

Hmm, I've never seen anyone complain about needing an upgrade on the Orpheus cable.
wink.gif

Jan 1, 2002 at 5:18 AM Post #9 of 30
How about a Headroom processor for the Big O. Not!

Hey my first post of the new year. Did you see Jupiter?

Lextek
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2002 at 3:44 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
...I am surprised you don't immediately hear a very noticeable improvement in sound especially the deeper bass response was very significant to me...

What do you mean by that? Are you saying the Clou extends the 600s dynamic range on the bottom end, or are you saying it just gives a stronger impact?

Jan 1, 2002 at 4:34 PM Post #12 of 30
I find the red Clou cable not only stiff but very heavy. I'm very aware of the cable - something that didn't happen with the stock cable although the stock cable sometimes ended up under my desk chair wheels something that hasn't happened to the Clou.

Haven't switched back to the stock cable for an A/B comparison.

Jan 1, 2002 at 5:12 PM Post #13 of 30
After listening to the cables for some time now, I can say I am impressed. To my ears the HD's seem more alive, less laid back. The combo with the MG Head is just right.

Lextek
tongue.gif

Jan 1, 2002 at 6:49 PM Post #14 of 30
[size=small]After having the Red cable in my system for a some days now, with both the 580 and 600's at hand, the difference in sound is pretty big compared to the stock cord. I wouldn't want to ever go back to the stock cord, as it now sounds lifeless in comparison.[/size]

Jan 1, 2002 at 8:05 PM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
What do you mean by that? Are you saying the Clou extends the 600s dynamic range on the bottom end, or are you saying it just gives a stronger impact?

What I mean is the HD600 with stock cord sounds relaxed/polite.
With the Clou cable the entire sound spectrum is more open/detailed giving more perceived extension at both ends
especially in the low end which definitely sounds deeper/more powerful.......recordings now have impact/drive they didn't have before, making going back to stock cord not an option.

Other than the cable stiffness and cost I find no downside to upgrading to Clou cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back