Red Clous
Jan 1, 2002 at 9:22 PM Post #16 of 30
Is there much difference in stiffness between the Blue and Red? Takes some getting used to.

Lextek
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2002 at 9:40 PM Post #17 of 30
Red looks kewler!
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't notice an improvement in actual sound quality, I think it just makes the signal stronger (yes more impact). It's like difference between 85watts vs 100watts per channel in comparison with speakers.

Jan 2, 2002 at 12:27 AM Post #18 of 30
I, too, would like to know if the blue cables are less stiff. I've had my reds for about 2 weeks, and the stiffness is still bothering me. I like to move around a little while listening, and I feel like I'm tethered to the amp. Very distracting unless you are sitting prefectly stil. I find that with this cable there is more detail, and I can visualize the instruments and singer better. Also, more impact. Therefore, I would hate to give them up, but I am considering returning them because of the stiffness.

Can someome who has both cables please tell us if the the blue cable is less stiff at all. If it is, then I would be willing to sacrifice a little sound quality for comfort.

Jan 2, 2002 at 1:00 AM Post #19 of 30
I dont have both cable but several people have said the blue ones are less stiff but not by all that much. The main difference between the blue and the reds is that the reds have an extra layer of shielding to reduce interference. that layer adds some stiffness but im not sure how much.

Jan 2, 2002 at 1:46 PM Post #20 of 30
The Blue is very stiff.

Jan 4, 2002 at 1:40 PM Post #21 of 30
I noticed the difference night & day when connected to my KPS-20i immediately. I couldn't go back to the stock cable after that, everything was more musical with the 600's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2002 at 7:59 AM Post #22 of 30
I guess it's nice to know that the cables are worth it on an $11,000 CD player. The funny thing is that most of us are looking at the cables to use with a CD player that likely costs less than the cables.

Kelly

Jan 5, 2002 at 12:46 PM Post #23 of 30
I've been using the Red's for about a week now. They just sound good. I've been too, lazy to switch back to the stock ones. I'll give them a try this weekend. After all it's about the sound, right?

Lextek
cool.gif

Jan 6, 2002 at 1:53 AM Post #24 of 30
Do the Clou cables for the HD600 still have sonic benefits when fitted to an extention cord of decent quality?

Does anyone have an extention brand they can recommend?
confused.gif

Jan 6, 2002 at 1:57 AM Post #25 of 30
If the extension doesn't hurt the sonics of the headphones it should not bother the Clou's. I still have to try the stock ones again. I believe the Clou's improve the HD600's. Just Stiff.

Lextek
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2002 at 1:10 PM Post #26 of 30
I have the DiMarzio Silver extension from Headroom, and I must say that it does change the sonic characteristics of the Red Clou.
I find that without the Silver the Clou sounds so much more transparent, and detailed with more bass extention.
When I first got the Red Clou I thought it was a tad bright until I let it burn in for a while. But, everyone's ears, and equipment are different, so your mileage may vary.

Jan 10, 2002 at 6:32 PM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Old Pa
How does the length of the red Clou compare with the stock 3M HD600 cord?

I believe the Clou is 10 feet long. But it's a stiff and heavy 10 feet
wink.gif
My only complaint about the Clous is that they are rather unwieldy.

Jan 20, 2002 at 5:35 AM Post #29 of 30
just got my Clou Red. Paired with my 580's, definite improvement. Bigger, badder & brighter. Burned them in for about 30 hours. Not sure, but it sounds like something has changed in the bass. I'm one of the people who initially had some comfort problems with my 580's, as the the bottom of the phone tended to apply pressure on that sensitive spot just above the jaw/under ear. I have worked the top band so that the pressure is no longer a problem. Not a big deal since these cans are for stationary listening. However, with the stiffness of the clou red, it is such that the cable can practically yank the cans off my head. The sound is great, but I can see how clou's sales would hurt over this stiffness issue. It is certainly impractical at best and semi-uncomfortable at worst.
confused.gif

Jan 20, 2002 at 5:45 AM Post #30 of 30
I've actually adjusted to the Red's stifness. You always know they're there but I think it's worth it.

Lextek
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back