Recycle Plastic... Don't wear it! 10% VOUCHER + WIN A M-100 + VAMP
Jun 17, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #181 of 269
We'll put it in a museum some day, seriously.  take your time decide while feeding on the pulse of a VAMP.

V-MODA will pick a few more TRP (totally random prizes) outside of the % off voucher, but getting the 5 judges together is like corralling kittens.  we have picked some, but we want to make it fair and its so hard to pick "winners" when everybody is a winner for entering, in a way it is kind of against my philosophy and perhaps should be more of a raffle at this point!

So we pick a random number that corresponds to the other M-100 winner.  And in our system, the RANDOM winner was this entry!  Congrats, an M-100 is yours!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
V-Moda / Val Many Thanks guys. So happy about winning the random prize! I've been hanging for the new M-100's 
Big Congrats to WiR3D, your entry probably had the most time and effort invested and what a work of art. 
I had a lot of fun with the contest and Im gonna have a heap more fun playing out at my gigs with my new M-100.

Jun 17, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #182 of 269
Quote:
That Vamp looks in perfect working order Val.  'Recycle' it...then we'll talk about a prize.

Now all I need is 6 Fostex HP-P1's and 8 CLAS's, for the next Recycle comp lol, I'll turn them into a SAW machine gun, hehe.

btw Congrats to Alpha101

Jun 17, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #183 of 269
Congrats Alpha! I am super jealous :p  Dang, I thought I was a shoe in for the win with all those likes on Vmodas facebook page, just goes to show anything is possible I guess.  Make sure to give us a detailed review on the M100 once you spend some time with them!! 

-Mike

Jun 17, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #184 of 269
Quote:
Congrats Alpha! I am super jealous :p  Dang, I thought I was a shoe in for the win with all those likes on Vmodas facebook page, just goes to show anything is possible I guess.  Make sure to give us a detailed review on the M100 once you spend some time with them!! 

-Mike

Mike... Did you read page 12?    I'm pretty sure you won at least an M-100 as runner up. Maybe the Vamp too. 

Jun 17, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #185 of 269
CAUTION: SOUR GRAPES AHEAD!

I know mine wasn't on the level as both of the selected winners....BUT thought my 'Naked Dude with Moda Shield Mask' had a strong choice for the "RIGHT - BRAINED" prize. Plus, I guessed the FOLDING EARCUP, which I thought the winner of that would get an M-100...  But then Val threw in a curveball with the Recycle Contest...which seemed to suggest that whoever guessed the folding cup design (of which only two people guessed correctly, myself and DJSquared) to post a pic of their broken headphones in a recycling bin.  I posted my snapped heaphones within minutes.  Once again the rules changed and seemingly allowed everyone to enter for the big prize.  So, I'm a little disappointed with the way things went down. But happy for those that won. 

(from the M-100 thread page 69)
Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So who was first, I have a clever idea for this winner to get a M-100.  all you have to do is

RECYCLE PLASTIC PROMO*
1) break a plastic headphone (any will do and its quite easy)
2) put it in a plastic recycle bin
3) take a picture of it there
4) post it on V-MODA Facebook wall
5) I send you M-100

for those that didn't guess the folding earcup, I'll come up with a voucher of $20-50 (I have to check w accounting). There are lots of other little things...

Jun 17, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #186 of 269
Quote:
Quote:

-Mike

Mike... Did you read page 12?    I'm pretty sure you won at least an M-100 as runner up. Maybe the Vamp too. 

I think Val edited it late at night, I missed that I was the runner up.  Idk what that entails but I am happy to even be considered for anything.  Val, if I did win an M100, any chance you can sign the top of the headband for me before it gets sent out.  :) 

Jun 17, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #188 of 269
Ok so just wondering so we know that the highly anticipated M100's will have the folding earcups, over ear design with a 50mm Dual-Diaphragm Driver.

The Revolver will be similar but with rotating/swivel earcups. Will these also be foldable as well?

Will both models will get released around the same time? I have a slight suspicion the M100's next month.

Val will the Revolvers release date going to be later due to further testing and development with the design and build strength 

A couple of my DJ mates that were quite impressed with my Crossfades are keen to upgrade but wanted to know a little more on the new models that are in development and future release dates. 

Jun 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #189 of 269
Revolver is still in the making AFAIK, and will not be released any time soon. At least as far as soon in comparison to the M-100.
You can say they're still on the drawing table for that one.

and grats to you too alpha!

Jun 17, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #190 of 269
From the M-100 Thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
Val...any projected drop date for the Revolver?

"when it's done", its been 8 years already, I definitely don't want to rush this project! but I can't let it Duke Nukem Forever either, so it definitely launches this year.  let me start a thread on it when I get some time in a few weeks, ok?  I'll intro it with the vision, goals and why it's been such a hard endeavor and the lessons learned that went into other projects.

Revolvers been in the making for eight years dang. lol

Anyway congrats Alpha101, your really lucky to be the random winner! :p

Jun 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #191 of 269
Quote:
Revolver is still in the making AFAIK, and will not be released any time soon. At least as far as soon in comparison to the M-100.
You can say they're still on the drawing table for that one.

and grats to you too alpha!

Thanks Kalbee,  I was thinking the Revolvers were a bit further off. I'll just tell my mates to pick up the new M100's as their release date will be sooner.

Jun 18, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #193 of 269
Congrats to Alpha101, of course WiR3D as I already said.
Personally, I feel my entry was only strong for like a day, then it was overshadowed by the great ideas from others that took a little longer to come to fruition. Did I want to win? Oh sure! But...

Well it's a contest, and it seems like there is a lot of extravagant love being given to some of the entries that had a strong showing, but contests have winners and far more people who walk home without first prize. I think it's amazing and generous that there is so many conciliary prizes, that's really rare. So, do try to nip sore feelings in the bud, the competition is over, and be proud of your submission just because you did it (you don't have to win to be proud).

I think all that's left is the settle down. Val is a CEO, not a marketing department (though sometimes it seems like both, amazing!), and he's got a lot of products to release, develop, oversee, and approve of, and his involvement in every aspect is going to take a massive time commitment. I kinda wish Val would delegate the final details of the contest for the sake of his own sanity and making marketing earn their pay. I'm sure the notifications, vouchers, & prizes will make their way out eventually, but this was a small side promo to a still-young business/company.

I'm still stoked for the M-100 release, as I was since getting into the "full-size M-80," so I'm just moving on. Cheers! :)

Jun 19, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #194 of 269
Quote:
I think all that's left is the settle down. Val is a CEO, not a marketing department (though sometimes it seems like both, amazing!), and he's got a lot of products to release, develop, oversee, and approve of, and his involvement in every aspect is going to take a massive time commitment. I kinda wish Val would delegate the final details of the contest for the sake of his own sanity and making marketing earn their pay. I'm sure the notifications, vouchers, & prizes will make their way out eventually, but this was a small side promo to a still-young business/company.
I'm still stoked for the M-100 release, as I was since getting into the "full-size M-80," so I'm just moving on. Cheers!
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, I appreciate the understanding as I've been on the road away from home for nearly 5 weeks, 6 hotels in the last 4 days, in fact.  I'm in Hong Kong right now where I finally have reliable internet at least.  I can finally login to Head-Fi and Facebook again, without internet it felt empty but had freedom.  I'll make sure our marketing guys are on this to fulfill everything and I'll read through all the threads tonight.  

I'm also trying to post some of the latest intel on M-100, my main focus right now to launch and I decided to do something different in pre-produciton. Time is ticking!   

Everybody was a winner with the discount!  I'll continue to brainstorm ways to make sure the contests in the future are fair and the rules are all up front, but the forum helped find holes in our rules, this time so we were over-generous and added the right brained and runner up this time.

Cheers and thanks everybody!  

-V

Jun 19, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #195 of 269
Quote:

I think Val edited it late at night, I missed that I was the runner up.  Idk what that entails but I am happy to even be considered for anything.  Val, if I did win an M100, any chance you can sign the top of the headband for me before it gets sent out.  :) 

Yes, I'll sign it!  we are making 100 pre-production units now and I decided something different than originally planned.  stay tuned to m-100 channel :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back